Fiveways
Kelvin MacKenzie asked a journalist to change something he had said, from:

'Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by an asylum seeker'

to this: 'Jeremy Corbyn defrauded by asylum seeker'

Whatever is the world coming to?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is it "Political correctness"? Isn't it a realisation that saying someone should be murdered isn't that funny?

Its not about political correctness at all, its about press standards something that Kelvin doesn't subscribe to. But he does work for the Murdoch rag

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Kelvin McKenzie should be allowed to wish death on a politician in a country where less than a year ago a sitting MP was murdered in cold blood.

It's only banter. Bloody snowflakes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Sun’s suspended columnist and former editor, Kelvin MacKenzie, could be reported to the police for inciting hatred and violence towards Jeremy Corbyn, Labour sources have said, after he joked about the party leader being “knifed to death”.

In a recent interview with the New York Times, MacKenzie reportedly said: “I think the fake news headline that would give this country the most joy would be: ‘Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by an asylum seeker’.”

The New York Times correspondent behind the interview, Katrin Bennhold, reveals in the article that MacKenzie sent her a text message urging her to tone down the quote.

Read more
She wrote: “The next morning, I got a text message from Mr MacKenzie: “Hi Katrin, Can you change that perfect headline from ‘Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by asylum seeker’ to ‘Jeremy Corbyn defrauded by asylum seeker.’ In the light of Jo Cox murder mine is in tol (sic) poor taste.”

MacKenzie, 70, was referring to the murder of Jo Cox, Labour MP Batley and Spen, at the hands of a far-right terrorist in June 2016.

He is suspended from the Sun after last month in his column he compared the mixed-race Everton footballer Ross Barkley to a gorilla.

Labour sources expressed outrage at the comments and suggested he might have committed a criminal offence.

“Kelvin MacKenzie’s disgusting language incites violence and hatred and makes him unfit to work for any media outlet,” a source close to Corbyn said. “This sort of disgusting language should not be tolerated by anyone in the media, politics or any walk of life.

Advertisement

“We saw last year how overheated language in politics led to the murder of Jo Cox. Kelvin Mackenzie could find himself reported to the police for inciting hatred and violence against the leader of the opposition.”

A Sun executive told the Guardian he found MacKenzie’s comments “disgusting”.

The dust has yet to settle on the controversy over MacKenzie’s remarks about Barkley. In the column, MacKenzie claimed he was not surprised the midfielder, whose grandfather is Nigerian, was punched in a nightclub because he was similar to an animal in a zoo.

MacKenzie said he had been unaware of Barkley’s heritage and that to describe the article as racist was “beyond parody”. The Sun apologised.

Liverpool football club banned Sun reporters from matches at Anfield and press conferences at Melwood in February owing to the paper’s coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

MacKenzieoversaw the publication of the notorious “The Truth” front page, which claimed Liverpool fans had picked the pockets of dead supporters and urinated on police.

Those claims were found to be baseless at the Hillsborough inquests, which recorded that the 96 fans were unlawfully killed and that the Liverpool supporters who attended the FA Cup semifinal played no role in causing the tragedy.

MacKenzie’s column on Barkley was published a day before the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
“Hi Katrin, Can you change that perfect headline from ‘Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by asylum seeker’ to ‘Jeremy Corbyn defrauded by asylum seeker.’ In the light of Jo Cox murder mine is in tol (sic) poor taste.”

Beacuse portraying asylum seekers as criminals is absolutely fine. I've always been of the opinion that MacKenzie was deliberately offensive. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that he's just monumentally stupid.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does anyone actually listen to what kelvin mac kenzie:tosser: (small case used deliberately) says ...........

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's now been sacked. Can't stand the guy but I really don't think he was being deliberately racist

This is clearly an attempt by Murdoch to soften up Ofcom here of the attempted Sky takeover, hopefully they won't get conned by this

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't stand the guy but I really don't think he was being deliberately racist

That would mean the vile repulsive views of the man come naturally, and he doesn't have to do anything deliberate to be that offensive. Not sure that make him sound any better.

A vile creature, and has been since the 80's. The only person as obnoxious is Piers Morgan .... no wonder the red tops have been a disgrace for as long as I can remember with those two at the helms.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There you go, you heard it here first, Murdoch has joined the politically correct brigade. He's done it for entirely principled purposes, because he's been convinced that political correctness is the future ...

... which just goes to show that political correctness is taking over, and simply has to be resisted by all right-thinking people

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There you go, you heard it here first, Murdoch has joined the politically correct brigade. He's done it for entirely principled purposes, because he's been convinced that political correctness is the future ...

... which just goes to show that political correctness is taking over, and simply has to be resisted by all right-thinking people

Until he gets his mits on Sky, the Tories scrap Ofcom and Fox News UK starts up headed up by someone fat, bald and ignorant...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here