empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Be more worried about our team than villas if I'm honest

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Without wishing injury that IS good news on the pitch. He's comfortably one of their best players.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Jedinak's A Brighton Doubt

...the start of next season due to a BROKEN ankle. That's one striker off of our list and a help to our chances on Sunday

Manager Steve Bruce has confirmed that Australian midfielder Mile Jedinak continues to be a doubt for this weekend's tie against Brighton.

We host Chris Hughton's side at Villa Park for the final game of the 2016/17 Championship campaign and for them it is all to play for as although they have secured automatic promotion to the Premier League, victory this weekend would see them take the title.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7522911#ixzz4fw2kZcXT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
...the start of next season due to a BROKEN ankle. That's one striker off of our list and a help to our chances on Sunday

I think that, unlike us, they do have a number of Championship level back up strikers to call on? I wouldn't get too excited about them losing just the one of them.

Edit, although I think Scott Hogan is also out and they have loaned out McCormack so they may be a little light..

Last edited:

Manager Steve Bruce has confirmed that Australian midfielder Mile Jedinak continues to be a doubt for this weekend's tie against Brighton.

We host Chris Hughton's side at Villa Park for the final game of the 2016/17 Championship campaign and for them it is all to play for as although they have secured automatic promotion to the Premier League, victory this weekend would see them take the title.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7522911#ixzz4fw2kZcXT

He'll be fine, and he's probably sharpening his elbows as we speak.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Seem to recall he was definitely 'not going to be available' for the home match either. Until it turned out he was,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone hoping for any kind of favours from Steve Bruce this weekend, would do well to remember that he is a lifelong Newcastle United fan!

Bruce, a boyhood fan of Newcastle United, claims to have sneaked into St James' Park without paying to watch the team play, saying "I have always been a Newcastle lad and when I was a kid, I crawled under the turnstiles to get in to try and save a bob or whatever it was. They were my team, I went to support them as a boy and being a Geordie it's in-bred, you follow the club still the same today."

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm confused about Kodjia. He was sent off with a straight red for violent conduct a couple of games ago against Fulham, so unless it was overturned, shouldn't he have been suspended anyway?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm confused about Kodjia. He was sent off with a straight red for violent conduct a couple of games ago against Fulham, so unless it was overturned, shouldn't he have been suspended anyway?

Got lifted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Got lifted

Not quite. It got 'downgraded', from a 'violent conduct' straight red (three games), to a non-violent straight red (one match).

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Little bit of karma at play then. How kicking out at someone isn't violent conduct I'll never know, so it should be 3 games and thus he wouldn't have a broken ankle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here