Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO BHAFC Players: How Much Do You Want It?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well?

- do you want a Championship medal, a killer selfie with a big f**k-off trophy and a framed photo your kids and grandkids will be immensely proud of for many years to come?

or

- do you just want to go on the piss like the previous generation of English players, accepting unlimited beers and selfie cuddles from middle-aged men in stripes for a couple of weeks?

Just think it through a bit, y'know. You're all quite rightly celebrating promotion to the Premier League. But think it through a bit DEEPER. Some of you won't be here next season. Some of you will have nothing much lasting to show for your commitment to the cause. You won't even remember the nights on the piss in Brighton town before the season's finished (and the strongly rumoured nights on the piss in London town before the season's finished that were supposed to keep you away from the Brighton town over-celebrating limelight).

Fair enough, you're running on near-empty. But then again so is everybody else.

Basically, GET OFF THE F**KING BEACH. For your loss will be far greater than ours.

And...RELAX... :smokin:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I wasn't too bothered about the title post Wigan but after the somewhat below par games since, I hope 100% is given on Sunday for the travelling masses, the beamback attendees and all of the Club's fanbase.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reading between the lines of their respective interviews in the Argus, both Bruno and Murray, as senior pro's, are less than impressed by the post-Wigan shenanigans of their juniors.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I wasn't too bothered about the title post Wigan but after the somewhat below par games since, I hope 100% is given on Sunday for the travelling masses, the beamback attendees and all of the Club's fanbase.

This. I was so happy we were promoted that the title didn't really bother me but after going to Norwich and then what should have been a winnable game vs Bristol City, it is very disappointing that we haven't wrapped it up yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bruno was devastated that we didn't finish the job off on Saturday. At the final whistle he was down on his back as if we'd just had relegation inflicted upon us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bruno was devastated that we didn't finish the job off on Saturday. At the final whistle he was down on his back as if we'd just had relegation inflicted upon us.

This. Although there's an outside chance that the Albion might somehow clinch the title the traditionally hard Albion way, which would REALLY be taking the piss, chances are the highly likely that it'll go Newcastle's way instead. Sadly,the Albion bubble burst after the Wigan.game. Oh well. Enjoy the beach. :cool:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Players are on holiday, a small part of me understands it but the rest of me can't believe how moronic their attitude has been. Newcastle are going to be deserved champions Sunday and we have nobody else to blame but ourselves. I'll have forgotten all about it by June 1st but like the OP said the players will have to always remember they threw that opportunity away for a few beers.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Strange isn't it, weeks ago all I said was "Don't care if we finish 1st or 2nd so long as we go up", as soon as we get promotion we, me included, will except nothing less than Champions.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Strange isn't it, weeks ago all I said was "Don't care if we finish 1st or 2nd so long as we go up", as soon as we get promotion we, me included, will except nothing less than Champions.

I think if we won promotion the same week as Newcastle with a point or 2 in it we'd still be saying the same thing. To see a big points gap overturned is piss poor and ends the season on a disappointing note when it shouldn't be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit and I mean this honestly, but if we fail to win that champions trophy after requiring just 3 points from our last 3 games I'll be pretty disappointed and it WILL take the shine off what has been a great season. Would not reflect well on the staff or a lot of players in my opinion

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's safe to say I was pretty livid during and after the Bristol game believing we'd blown the title but over the weekend I thought about the reaction of some of the key players in the immediate aftermath and I think we could actually do it on Sunday. We've had some good away performances this season and some where we maybe didn't deserve to win but did anyway. It isn't beyond the capability of this squad. They just have to want it and I think they'll want to prove that after Saturday.

Regardless, Villa away is going to be a fantastic day irrespective of the result.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The other important thing is that it's looking like we'll be going in to the clubs toughest and most historic season with the team having forgotten to win. Yes, there is the Summer break, and yes, there'll be new players, but never underestimate the importance of momentum in football.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Regardless, Villa away is going to be a fantastic day irrespective of the result.

If we lose and watch Newcastle lift the trophy, I'm going to find it hard to find the "fantastic" in that to be honest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Party atmosphere, drinks, not watching any of the ensuing news coverage, remembering we're Premier League. Happy days.

Or be a bit of a damp squib like Saturday was?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I'm sure CH has learnt a great deal about some of the players over the past couple of weeks and that it will not be forgotten over the summer. To my mind the only players who come out of the post-promotion period looking like professionals are Bruno, Uwe, Hemed, Sidwell and Murray. Probably Stockdale too. Rosenior would if he was playing because he is Calde-esque. I know the players are tired, I understand about the lack of adrenaline, but they are not behaving like professionals. Oh how we chuckled when Newcastle players didn't celebrate promotion - perhaps they are focused on the title instead?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Party atmosphere, drinks, not watching any of the ensuing news coverage, remembering we're Premier League. Happy days.

Or be a bit of a damp squib like Saturday was?

Not that I'll be there, but if NUFC do win it, I'd imagine there will be an element of the latter, at least initially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here