Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
no, thats just an excuse for several occasions she's lost it on numerical matters - or does hypoglycaemia only affect numeracy? she has her own view on issues and very willing to do media, prone to giving an honest, off message response rather than something prepared by the commuications team.

I never said I like her :shrug:

But what I said about the hypoglycaemia is correct.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They were also invited. NATO has gone from 16 members in 1990 to 30. Former Warsaw Pact members joining NATO has long been written about as a provocation to Russia. It's not exactly something you can rule out as a non contributory factor is it.

Russia is huge. There is no threat to Russia from NATO which is a defence force. NATO has never made a pre-emptive strike.

Russia is provoked because it wants to be provoked.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But she was in the shadow cabinet barely two years ago. Nobody is forcing her to sign daft motions which side with an invading murderer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-diane-abbott-pull-out-of-stop-the-war-rally

Thanks for the link.

But she is not in the shadow cabinet.

And she did not sign any daft motion.

As I said, she is an irrelevance.

The story suggests that she and others bowed to pressure from Starmer to not attent a 'stop the war' rally that accuses NATO expansion of being responsible for Russia invading Ukraine. If this is true it reflects well on Starmer and the degree of control he has over the dafter of his back benchers.

And if you are concerned about the influence of people who lost their role two years ago, presumably you are in a state of personal crisis about the influence of the joker we still had in charge the last time I looked, two minutes ago....

My only point was that in a long career of her being on the wrong side of the argument, the public splitterances that have been the main source of mockery for the dimmer of her detractors may not all be down to her being very shit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Russia is huge. There is no threat to Russia from NATO which is a defence force. NATO has never made a pre-emptive strike.

Russia is provoked because it wants to be provoked.

Of course. That is how wars start. They're not generally started by a rational peaceful nation with sensible intent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet by your argument about Abbot:

"Patel attended a comprehensive school in Watford, Hertfordshire before going on to study economics at Keele University and then pursuing postgraduate studies in British government and politics at the University of Essex.

So either both are thick or neither are !

P.S. I would NEVER vote for either of them. (Even if I could)

Patel's CV is flimsy compared with Abbott's. Economics at Keele? The entry requirement is three Cs. She obviously didn't do all that well as her next gig was a postgraduate course at Essex (which was some sort of legal associate thing). She is not a lawyer. Her career before parliament was as a propagandist for British American Tobacco, followed by a similar job with a booze company. The exercise of ruthlessness over talent and the quest for money over nobility. With the best will in the world, suggesting this means either Patel and Abbott are both thick or neither are is like suggesting that either Harry Kane and John Marquis are both international quality strikers, or neither of them are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A cynic might suggest it is the extreme right-wingers attempt to deflect from the car crash that is Johnson and his Tory government.

Never mind.

If so, bit of a massive own goal to attempt to deflect from the bunglecvnt by whatabouting a labour back-bencher whose political career is behind her, and who is now, according to the Guardian, doing what her leader tells her. :lolol:

(oh, and who has a far better academic CV than the ghastly oaf who is current Home Secretary.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A cynic might suggest it is the extreme right-wingers attempt to deflect from the car crash that is Johnson and his Tory government.

…but when u look at the facts it was bounced yesterday and not today…..and by one poster possibly falling into your suggested category (I’ve no idea of their politics) as I wouldn’t in a million years put Weststander in the extreme right wingers bracket …the cynic in me is thinking maybe you are trying to deflect attention away from DA …only kidding of course

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Patel's CV is flimsy compared with Abbott's. Economics at Keele? The entry requirement is three Cs. She obviously didn't do all that well as her next gig was a postgraduate course at Essex (which was some sort of legal associate thing). She is not a lawyer. Her career before parliament was as a propagandist for British American Tobacco, followed by a similar job with a booze company. The exercise of ruthlessness over talent and the quest for money over nobility. With the best will in the world, suggesting this means either Patel and Abbott are both thick or neither are is like suggesting that either Harry Kane and John Marquis are both international quality strikers, or neither of them are.

My point was in reply to this:
"As for thick, look no further than this PM and the self serving incompetent buffoons he's surrounded himself with. Seriously, politicians don't come any thicker than Patel,"
I wasn't aware that all Universities had set criteria for entry.
When did this happen?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Diane Abbott is particularly rubbish, we all know it. She says really stupid things and actively hurts her party every time she says something stupid on the telly. She consistently makes a show of herself and is amongst the worst "talkers" in politics. She has some very strange ideas about foreign affairs too.

With all that said, we have much bigger problems with a terrible government right now. She is a complete irrelevance, a distraction from the absolute shit show going on at Westminster.

Abbott is shockingly bad. But thankfully she is as important and relevant to the political landscape as Christopher Biggins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Diane Abbott is particularly rubbish, we all know it. She says really stupid things and actively hurts her party every time she says something stupid on the telly. She consistently makes a show of herself and is amongst the worst "talkers" in politics. She has some very strange ideas about foreign affairs too.

With all that said, we have much bigger problems with a terrible government right now. She is a complete irrelevance, a distraction from the absolute shit show going on at Westminster.

Abbott is shockingly bad. But thankfully she is as important and relevant to the political landscape as Christopher Biggins.

And we should keep bouncing this thread to remind people of the fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here