Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hope so but I don't think it will be easy dislodging the far left loons.

The amount of time being spent on formulating a coherent credible alternative to the Tories 5%.

The amount of time plotting and scheming to keep their grip on the Party after the GE massacre 95%.

Why would you think that? Neil Kinnock came in (the best PM we never had, IMO) after the far left Michael Foot was slaughtered and set about getting rid of Derek Hatton and all his looney bin cronies. That could easily happen again, and will be needed if Labour are to become credible to enough voters again. And they should start with binning off talentless, useless hypocrites like Diane Abbott.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I listened to that car crash and immediately thought of this...
:lol:

Diane: "The additional cost in year 1, when we anticipate recruiting about 250,000 policemen, will be £64.3m"
Nick: "250,000 policemen?"
Diane: "And women!"
Nick: "So you’re getting more than 10,000, you’re getting 250,000?"
Diane: "No, we are recruiting 2,000 and perhaps 250"
Nick: "So where did 250,000 come from"
Diane: "I think you said that not me"

:lolol:

Among all the shit, I love the fact that 10,000 / 4 = 2,000 and perhaps 250.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Feel free to post it yourself... not that it makes any difference to Diane Abbott, the wannabe Home Secretary, not only failing abysmally to answer a simple question about a newly devised Labour party police numbers policy, but also her lack of self-awareness to know when was the right time just to shut up and listen for once in her life?

That I'd agree with. But might it also be an idea that Boris developed a self-awareness to know when was the right time just to shut up and listen for once in his life? (See what I just did there?)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Hope so but I don't think it will be easy dislodging the far left loons.

The amount of time being spent on formulating a coherent credible alternative to the Tories 5%.

The amount of time plotting and scheming to keep their grip on the Party after the GE massacre 95%.

Absolutely this. Decent Labour MP's are leaving and being replaced with far left goons. I don't believe for one minute that Corbyn will leave no matter how bad the result. In his mind, he will have got his party back. All this will achieve is that Maybot will get a free hand to do what she wants, achieve a greater majority which will be harder to dislodge next time around and no doubt preside over anything that is a 'Strong and Stable' 5 years. Farron is so anonymous that I bet his own family think a burglary is taking place when he opens his front door.

The absolute state of politics at the moment.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why would you think that? Neil Kinnock came in (the best PM we never had, IMO) after the far left Michael Foot was slaughtered and set about getting rid of Derek Hatton and all his looney bin cronies. That could easily happen again, and will be needed if Labour are to become credible to enough voters again. And they should start with binning off talentless, useless hypocrites like Diane Abbott.

The bulk of the parliamentary Labour party would love to sweep them aside but it's not that easy. Corbyn and his associates have been securing their influence on the NEC and there is still the problem of the party membership who have the ultimate say on who becomes Leader. A clear majority voted for Corbyn twice .. will they admit they got it wrong or try to blame the disloyal Labour Mp's/Tory press etc.

:shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Meanwhile the actual LEADER of the country manages to talk utterly bizarre nonsense on a daily basis;

So Theresa, what are you going to do about Pension Credits?

T: Strong, Stable Leadership. (Conveniently ignoring the utter insane chaos of the Tory party over the past 12 months)

Ok...err...

P.S. Diane Abbott is an atrocious politician.

Strong, stable economy; strong, stable leadership

Wrong, stale economy; wrong, stale leadership

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Or her families links to offshore trusts

Exactly. Amber Rudd has far worse amnesia and vagueness when to comes to numbers than Diane Abbot. She couldn't be anymore useless in The Home Office than Amber Rudd is and if she is, she'd fit right in. Suggesting that all businesses provided lists of known and suspected foreigners at the Tory party conference in the autumn because she doesn't have a clue was pitiful and typical Tory nastiness.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Diane shows herself up yet again .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
At 31 March 2016 there were a total of 151,000 police officers operating within the United Kingdom. That is basically the same number as we had in 2003. Make of that what you will.

That in their first six years in government, Labour started to introduce more police officers, and then they employed more, and after seven years of Tories, they'd got the numbers back down to the 2003 levels, and will take them much lower if you give them the opportunity to.
But, far more importantly, we could say exactly the same for health and education spending.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That in their first six years in government, Labour started to introduce more police officers, and then they employed more, and after seven years of Tories, they'd got the numbers back down to the 2003 levels, and will take them much lower if you give them the opportunity to.
But, far more importantly, we could say exactly the same for health and education spending.
Everyone would like to spend more on health, education, policing etc. The only problem (and it's just a little one) is where the money comes from.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone would like to spend more on health, education, policing etc. The only problem (and it's just a little one) is where the money comes from.

We need a strong and stable government, and Brexit MEANS Brexit.

I think that's categorically cleared that one up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have an idea, which you might not have thought of: the rich.
Excellent. We just ask them nicely do we? Or shall we say, anyone worth over £2m should give 25% of their wealth to the government?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Labour are screwed, an absolute shambles.

The Conservatives are *******s.

The Libs are led by a god botherer.

The greens are weirdos.

Not much of a choice is it! Perhaps we should begin our own party, I'd nominate Meades Ball as our leader.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
tory dalek.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Excellent. We just ask them nicely do we? Or shall we say, anyone worth over £2m should give 25% of their wealth to the government?

No. The best way of achieving it is to get a government who is committed to it, who then seeks international (and eventually global) coordination to develop a series of measures, starting with transparency, and eventually ending up with a global tax on capital.
I'm in. Are you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

There is PLENTY of money around! It's just not being distributed even vaguely fairly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. The best way of achieving it is to get a government who is committed to it, who then seeks international (and eventually global) coordination to develop a series of measures, starting with transparency, and eventually ending up with a global tax on capital.
I'm in. Are you?
I'd like to know more about it please. A global tax on capital sounds good, but presumably there will always be countries that can do better by not agreeing to it, so the wealthy will go there. It sounds like a long term dream, it's certainly not going to pay for health and education in the next 5 years (or 20).

So what tax measures would you propose to get the rich to pay for what we need now?

There is PLENTY of money around! It's just not being distributed even vaguely fairly.
No shit. So how would you make it fairer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here