Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She is an awful, awful woman. There is nothing to admire in her whatsoever. In fact, I won't even bother clicking on the link as I feel the only outcome would be me being left wanting to punch my monitor.
Oh no, you have to. You won't want to punch anything, you'll be too busy laughing.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just wish that politicians in interviews like this would just hold up their hands and say "shit, sorry I've got figures coming out of my ARSE. Can I call you back in 15 minutes so I don't sound like a total dickhead live on air?"

Wouldn't that be nice?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Laugh as much as you like but the current clowns have overseen cuts that mean there are 20,000 less police on the streets since 2010.

Rather than get excited about an interview maybe you should get excited about that.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Laugh as much as you like but the current clowns have overseen cuts that mean there are 20,000 less police on the streets since 2010.

Rather than get excited about an interview maybe you should get excited about that.

Even more reason then why an opposition MP should get their facts even loosely right and not look like a complete ****** .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh no, you have to. You won't want to punch anything, you'll be too busy laughing.

I wish. But it is a mystery to me how she has got this far up the Labour party. Never in the history of politics has someone said so little with so many words, and that is before we move on to her rank hypocrisy.

Agreed. But a proper politician like Nicola Sturgeon would make that sort of important point very very clear and would have an idea of how it was to be tackled. Abbott just whinges incoherently and is NEVER constructive.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

At 31 March 2016 there were a total of 151,000 police officers operating within the United Kingdom. That is basically the same number as we had in 2003. Make of that what you will.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's face it, we're ****ed. The government called an election without having a clue what was going to be in their manifesto, they parrot nonsense about 'strong, stable government' despite presiding over utter chaos, the PM doesn't seem to know the first thing about the likely procedures for Brexit, and the opposition is too incompetent to make anything of it.

Thank goodness we have the Albion.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah Diane Abbott is truly awful and would be someone I could not vote for if I lived in Hackney(?)

Amber Rudd had me shouting at the radio this morning as well - I can't believe they're still being briefed to push 'strong and stable' all the time. It makes them sound utterly idiotic.

I think I'm more disenfranchised with politicians (of all stripes) than I ever have been. Luckily Peter Kyle seems a decent sort.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's face it, we're ****ed. The government called an election without having a clue what was going to be in their manifesto, they parrot nonsense about 'strong, stable government' despite presiding over utter chaos, the PM doesn't seem to know the first thing about the likely procedures for Brexit, and the opposition is too incompetent to make anything of it.
The good news is that after the election Corbyn will go, and we'll get a decent opposition to hold the government to account.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That sounds like me on a conference call where I've been browsing NSC for half an hour and then someone asks me a question and I've only caught the "What do you think Darren?" bit at the end.

I had this exact moment the other day. I quickly stumbled into the standard "I'm sorry can you repeat that the line went dead for a moment".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The good news is that after the election Corbyn will go, and we'll get a decent opposition to hold the government to account.
The damage will already be done for the people who voted IN.

Say what you like about the rights and wrongs of Brexit, the make up of parliament after this election will give the government a totally free hand to make an absolute mess of it. Already they are clueless about how negotiations must play out, so getting us a deal that is only half damaging is simply not going to happen. It is a shambles waiting to happen, and that is the fault of Labour as much as this clueless Tory government.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Hope so but I don't think it will be easy dislodging the far left loons.

The amount of time being spent on formulating a coherent credible alternative to the Tories 5%.

The amount of time plotting and scheming to keep their grip on the Party after the GE massacre 95%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here