Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Corbyn May's very own Falklands Conflict?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Appparently very unpopular in before the Argies invaded in March 1982 the Falklands War effectively won Thatcher the 1983 election, May now seems nailed on to win with a large majority but is it more to do with the electorates perception of her main opponent rather than her own performance?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn't be so sure of a "large majority " Ian, pains me to say it but don't underestimate the The fickle British electorate, I predict a majority of if no more than 30, I can see Kirby booted out and Kyle will hold onto his seat locally!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Corbyn is an unelectable wally for most serious labour voters and Farron is a weasel turd.

Hope this helps

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Theresa May is having an absolute car crash of an election campaign and she's only lucky that Labour don't have a more enigmatic leader that the press want to cover. However, Corbyn and Labours campaign is doing very well all things considered and they are getting their message across to people in the street...it's just a shame that the mainstream media choose to ignore it completely unless there's a negative spin on it.

Look back to the last election and you had pictures of Milliband eating a bacon sandwich all over the press and in various uncomfortable poses...this time despite May doing and acting the same way, the Murdoch controlled media focus on things that really aren't that important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
The true decider of all that will happen .

Attachments

• Rothchild.jpg
    Rothchild.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 473

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Theresa May is having an absolute car crash of an election campaign and she's only lucky that Labour don't have a more enigmatic leader that the press want to cover. However, Corbyn and Labours campaign is doing very well all things considered and they are getting their message across to people in the street...it's just a shame that the mainstream media choose to ignore it completely unless there's a negative spin on it.

Look back to the last election and you had pictures of Milliband eating a bacon sandwich all over the press and in various uncomfortable poses...this time despite May doing and acting the same way, the Murdoch controlled media focus on things that really aren't that important.

Absolutely.

It is completely media manipulation that Corbyn is 20 points behind in the polls.

Nothing to do with the fact that his policies make him totally unelectable and that the bulk of those who support him have no recollection of the 1970s.

But then again, anyone who thinks a cabinet containing McDonnell and Abbott is any way credible wouldn't be interested in that anyway.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

the media are reporting ALL his messages,if they are ALL deciding to put a negative spin on his overall message this information should be a bit of a clue and a wake up call for you and his followers

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Absolutely fantastic interview on LBC this morning.
Nick Ferrari talking to Dianne Abbott about her proposals for more police officers.
If you were in any doubt about the competence of Her Majesty's official opposition please go listen again on the LBC website.
If you can't don't worry, you'll be hearing the highlights on all news channels later

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If any man were to be compared to a war, Corbyn would not be first choice.

And i certainly wouldnt want to associate the brave fallen in the Falklands or even the poor young Argie conscripts that died with a dick like Corbyn.
He is not worthy.
No doubt he would hate any association with them anyway.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm one of these people that go in to any election to see who best suits me. So, these are the boxes that I like ticking, not in any order.
Efficient well run NHS that people can rely on & those employed within are well paid.
Good free schools so people don't feel sidelined because of where they live.
Social Housing, or as when I was a kid, council estates, should be good places to live in & grow up in, not labeled as slums, or treated as dumping grounds for migrants looking for handouts.
Immigration. If you want to work, to contribute to our society, no problem. If you want free healthcare, housing, benefits etc for nothing, then go home.
Strong on defence, I believe we need Trident & no more defence cuts, especially the RN (well I would I suppose).
More investment in prisons, but prisons should be a punishment, not a hotel or breeding ground for further crime or terrorism.
The investment in prisons should mean that punishment fits the crime; too many lenient sentences.
A fair minimum wage. Zero hours contracts should only be an option for those that it suits.
I'd like to live in a world where basically we were a bit more caring, but also didn't tolerate free loaders.
I'm patriotic, but my patriotism doesn't make me nationalist & pride in my country comes from mostly how we used to be & what we stood for.
So, when I look around & wonder who to vote for, I despair sometimes. We also really need a strong opposition to keep this govt in check.
If only Blair hadn't decided to become Bush's poodle & take us in to that illegal war, the world would be a better place, & who knows, he might have still been at No.10.
Politicians, they're mostly crap.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
However, Corbyn and Labours campaign is doing very well all things considered and they are getting their message across to people in the street...it's just a shame that the mainstream media choose to ignore it completely unless there's a negative spin on it.

Oh dear. Your post was about fifteen minutes before Dianne Abbott's performance totally undermined your point. If that was getting her message across, then we're in trouble.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm patriotic, but my patriotism doesn't make me nationalist & pride in my country comes from mostly how we used to be & what we stood for.

Patriotism by its very nature is nationalist.
But patriotism is a benign form of nationalism.

Unfortunately by denying you are a nationalist you have succumbed to the idiots who like to portray any form of nationalism as some sort of disease that must be stamped out.

Reclaim your patriotism and nationalism chum, they are nothing to be ashamed about,. Their celebration does not make you some sort of right wing nut even though thats all you can hear being screamed sometimes.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think 'Is Corbyn May's very own Michael Foot?' may have been a better title for this thread.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely fantastic interview on LBC this morning.
Nick Ferrari talking to Dianne Abbott about her proposals for more police officers.
If you were in any doubt about the competence of Her Majesty's official opposition please go listen again on the LBC website.
If you can't don't worry, you'll be hearing the highlights on all news channels later

Dianne ABBOTT :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Corbyn is an absolute GOON, but May has got to go.

So it's the tactical Anyone-but-May vote for me unless I decide at the last minute to spoil the vote slip and vote for Macron.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Patriotism by its very nature is nationalist.
But patriotism is a benign form of nationalism.

You don't arf come out with some tripe. Patriotism is love of ones nation, its beliefs, its values. Nationalism is rooted in unity of cultural background. The two are very different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here