Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,277

    Just back from the match - euro edition


    0 Not allowed!
    So, off I went with son for a boys weekend in Milan, and to, among other things, catch a match at the San Siro for the first time. Inter v Napoli was the match choice on Sunday evening late k/o 8.45 pm for some reason, moved from 3pm at fairly short notice.

    We got tickets in the home end, 2nd tier green sections, where all the banners etc are, in the hope of experiencing the atmosphere as seen on many tv games over the years. What we got was vile, surrounded by thousands of drug taking, racist, drunk and abusive idiots.

    I am a child of the 60s, getting my formative football experiences in the late 70s and early 80s, so I have seen and been part of all that terrace and town centre violence of that time. Nothing prepared me for the much lauded San Siro experience.

    -Mass racist monkey chanting.
    -Constant dope smoking.
    -Fairly widespread pill popping
    -Open cocaine sniffing
    -Buying and drinking vodka from mobile vendors in volumes that would impress a Brighton hen party.
    -General violent and abusive chanting.
    -Zero police or stewards in the entire upper tier.

    If ever anybody quotes me that old cliché "the English disease" again, I suggest they experience a game in Italy..... never again.

    PS... this was thousands... not just a couple of hundred Ultras, this was old and young, men and women.

    PPS.... Napoli won 1-0...

    PPPS.... If you think the Amex travel arrangements are flimsy, try getting a vast % of 46k people down into a single metro station for the 20 minute trip back into the city.... took 90 minutes, and we left on 80 mins.


    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by heathgate; 02-05-2017 at 05:45.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      49,196


      0 Not allowed!
      Apart from the racist and violent and abusive changing that all seems fine; a great day out in fact. And your post script suggests Italian football is very age and sex democratic; way to go.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #3
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      In the kitchen
      Posts
      1,226


      2 Not allowed!
      Racism aside that sounds great.
    • #4
      Members TWOCHOICEStom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Gothenburg
      Posts
      9,259


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We got tickets in the home end, 2nd tier green sections, where all the banners etc are, in the hope of experiencing the atmosphere as seen on many tv games over the years.
      So, you went into the Ultras section then?
    • #5
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,277


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So, you went into the Ultras section then?
      It seems so..... but we wanted the flag waving tier..... just weren't prepared for the scum that populate said tier..... that was the point... not how lively it was.

      ....and it wasn't just a section.. it was a tier.. 5k at least in my estimation... maybe more.

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • #6
      Members Return of the Rev's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!
      Posts
      20,542


      8 Not allowed!
      Had pretty much the same experience at the Dorking v Hastings playoff semi last week.
    • #7
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      10,933


      1 Not allowed!
      Racism in Italy is to be expected, let alone with the Ultras. Hard to think Mussolini was hung just down the road and had his coglioni ripped off. Like the drink and drugs part though.
      Last edited by knocky1; 02-05-2017 at 07:11.
    • #8
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      49,196


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like the drink and drugs part though.
      "zero policing and stewards" as well. Just proves football fans can be trusted and treated like adults. British police take note.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #9
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      49,196


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      PPPS.... If you think the Amex travel arrangements are flimsy, try getting a vast % of 46k people down into a single metro station for the 20 minute trip back into the city.... took 90 minutes, and we left on 80 mins.


      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Do they allow supporters to stay in the ground after the match like they do at the AMEX? If it was as busy as you say I'd have hung back and relaxed with a few lines of charlie and a vodka before getting the train home.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #10
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,277


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do they allow supporters to stay in the ground after the match like they do at the AMEX? If it was as busy as you say I'd have hung back and relaxed with a few lines of charlie and a vodka before getting the train home.
      Who knows.. but I doubt many stayed, it was 11pm finish time, I suspect all your angelic coke heads were off home quickly before their mums locked the front door.

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •