Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little Boy Blue - ITV

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone else been watching this fact based drama about the Everton kid that was killed caught in the cross-fire of a gang shooting.

The complicity amongst some the the parents is fundamentally shocking to say the least

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Anyone else been watching this fact based drama about the Everton kid that was killed caught in the cross-fire of a gang shooting.

The complicity amongst some the the parents is fundamentally shocking to say the least

Disturbing to say the least - not sure how close to the truth it is though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disturbing to say the least - not sure how close to the truth it is though.

Apparently the parents of the little boy were involved in this but as you say not entirely clear how close to the truth this is.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Apparently the parents of the little boy were involved in this but as you say not entirely clear how close to the truth this is.

You mean the parents of Rhys Jones?

If so what was their involvement? I don't understand.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You mean the parents of Rhys Jones?

If so what was their involvement? I don't understand.

Yes the parents of the actual boy who was shot were involved in the program

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Not saying it is right but obviously just looking after their own.

'You don't grass around here'

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I found the first half of the opening episode very distressing.
Not caught up with last nights yet.

theboybilly

As far as I can gather it is very, very close to the truth even to the point of the use of the locations involved (eg the courtroom) The producers of the show did decide against using the actual scene of the shooting out of respect, firstly to the Jones family, and to the local community. The actors involved also went to great lengths to ensure the subject was dealt with appropriately and sympathetically. A harrowing story, one that shows how awful life is for people on some housing estates

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fascinating viewing. The fear shown by the two lads (who weren't directly involved) is palpable.

We don't appreciate we have been born in leafy Sussex compared to some of the inner cities.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Just watched the first three episodes on catch up. Fantastic show -considering it is such a harrowing topic,

recommend viewing if not seen yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here