Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL show their spineless selves in relation to Blackpool v Orient on Saturday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looks as if things haven't changed from 20 years ago.

EFL have agreed to Blackpool suspending sales to Orient fans from attending the match at Bloomfield Road next weekend.

Whilst there was bad blood between us and a few at Orient during the dark days of Archer and Bellotti, with Graham Kelly in particular taking an ostrich like approach to our plight at the time, it appears that the EFL haven't changed their spots since then.

Shame on them.

http://mobile.efl.com//news/article/2016/efl-statement-blackpool-v-leyton-orient-3701153.aspx

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Too busy removing fan videos from YouTube - the wankers.

EFL have never had any bollocks. They only act tough when it comes to punishing little clubs like Luton. Will anything come of QPR's FFP fine? I'm not holding my breath..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Disgusting behaviour. I hope Orient still travel in numbers and join in the inevitable joint protests against these tosser owners.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Disgusting behaviour. I hope Orient still travel in numbers and join in the inevitable joint protests against these tosser owners.
Absolutely this. I saw the match given as abandoned and hoped that it was a protest. EFL are only interested in protecting their gravy train.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Too busy removing fan videos from YouTube - the wankers.

EFL have never had any bollocks. They only act tough when it comes to punishing little clubs like Luton. Will anything come of QPR's FFP fine? I'm not holding my breath..

Pathetic stance from the EFL

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I suspect they fear that the Blackpool fans will be sympathetic to the Orient plight and vice versa.

That's what I was thinking. Having not seen many reports on disturbances this season at Blackpool perhaps the fans have accepted that the Oyston's will not be going away any time soon and have settled down.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's what I was thinking. Having not seen many reports on disturbances this season at Blackpool perhaps the fans have accepted that the Oyston's will not be going away any time soon and have settled down.

The NAPM campaign (Not A Penny More) has been in operation from a group of Blackpool fans. Their campaign hasn't really had much exposure sadly as it's an unfashionable club a long way from London.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just looking at the fixture list for a 5.30pm kick off on a Saturday night it's a nightmare for fans to travel to.

Blackpool v Leyton Orient
Colchester United v Yeovil Town
Crawley Town v Mansfield Town
Crewe Alexandra v Barnet
Exeter City v Carlisle United
Grimsby Town v Plymouth Argyle
Hartlepool United v Doncaster Rovers
Luton Town v Morecambe
Newport County v Notts County
Portsmouth v Cheltenham Town
Stevenage v Accrington Stanley
Wycombe Wanderers v Cambridge United

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Another appalling decision to put fans last by finishing off the season with 5:30pm kick offs.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A reduction of 700 tickets. What are they hoping to achieve by doing that?

I suspect Orient had not sold many tickets, so it appears to be an appeasement of the colourful characters runnnig both clubs. There was a danger of all Orient fans being prevented from attending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here