Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have taken some out today. Basically I bought some Bitcoin and eth when Btc was 32k so sold the amount I bought then so now it is all profit. Nice.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The thing that puts me off is all the lame office mumbo jumbo names for it all, I just have vision's of men in suits coming up with these sad phrases.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this will entertain or surprise, Lazio released their Lazio Fan token today (i dont know either). at current price around $20 it values the crypto-currency at $800m. the football club is valued at $350m. :laugh:

not calling a peak signal yet, wonder if these club tokens might be the dog/meme coin for the cycle and a flood of them with ridiculous valuations will be.

this will entertain or surprise, Lazio released their Lazio Fan token today (i dont know either). at current price around $20 it values the crypto-currency at $800m. the football club is valued at $350m. :laugh:

not calling a peak signal yet, wonder if these club tokens might be the dog/meme coin for the cycle and a flood of them with ridiculous valuations will be.

dont know where u got $20. the offer price is $1 and they are only releasing 4m of them - see here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandri...azio-features-tokenomics-and-price-prediction

even then i doubt there are even 400k supporters worldwide not 4 million so doubt it will trade much above that. they are even restricting single purchase to 10k. Clubs in general would be better off trading player GIFs or sound clips over Cardano or Solana networks. These WILL make massive gains. Imagine if the albion did this and you had THE video clip of say Dunk lifting the FA cup for Albion at Wembley this year :)

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Are these the ones that are created through socios.com?

Man City, Villa, and Everton have created some too.

CHZ is the underlying coin. They have lots of big teams of varying sports and countries involved.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
dont know where u got $20. the offer price is $1 and they are only releasing 4m of them - see here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandri...azio-features-tokenomics-and-price-prediction

you have coinmarketcap, have a look for yourself. $27 at peak after launch, large volume too.

Are these the ones that are created through socios.com?

Man City, Villa, and Everton have created some too.

CHZ is the underlying coin. They have lots of big teams of varying sports and countries involved.

doesnt look like it, no mention of Socios or Chiliz and on binance launchpad. looks like the worked out how to do it themselves and bypass a middleman. sell signal for Chiliz. and seeing a 20-27x from the offer price, a huge signal to buy into the next one going that route.

you have coinmarketcap, have a look for yourself. $27 at peak after launch, large volume too.

ok didnt realise it launched but its already down to $16..as i suggested they have way more supply than fans and its not the sort of crypto a non-fan would buy (then again if it makes you money maybe..)

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I have been watching the rise of Shiba Inu. I am surprised that it has not yet crashed. This rapid increase can't last and I expect many people will get burned on this.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I have been watching the rise of Shiba Inu. I am surprised that it has not yet crashed. This rapid increase can't last and I expect many people will get burned on this.

800% in a month.

I put a small amount in a few weeks back. If it goes it goes. C'est la vie.

If it drops a 0 then it's super serial. Kind of feel like the joke is over.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Wallets

I've been researching wallets and getting confused.

What recommendations to you experts have please?

It seems that hardware wallets are safest - Trezor, Ledger... What happens if the asset you have aren't listed by them?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Wallets

It seems that hardware wallets are safest - Trezor, Ledger... What happens if the asset you have aren't listed by them?

coinspot , coin gecko. get involved..::shrug:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wallets

Ultimately if an asset isn't supported on a hardware wallet, you can't use a hardware wallet to store these assets. What you do need to understand and check is the contract type. Typically if you see ethereum support it means any ERC20 asset can be stored on that wallet.

There is no right or wrong answer to this by the way. I have a Trezor T, bearing in mind this cost something like £160 you have to decide if it is really worth it for you. I hold around 90% of my Quant on this device, with the other 10% on an exchange ready to trade. Quant is my biggest single holding and the only one of any significance I hold, which does not have a good staking option right now. I then have three mobile wallets plus metamask and holdings on binance and kucoin and a number of stakings across various liquidity pools. The net result if I lose a single asset is that it will sting a bit.

The rest of this is just good security and can't be repeated enough. Even then I have probably missed some things off.

Exchanges - Do make good use of all the security they can offer you. Two factor authentication, withdrawal white lists, Email notifications etc. At the end of the day the saying not your wallet not your coins is true, but if they want to go rogue, they probably have bigger fish to fry than you or I.

Browser and Mobile Wallets - Make doubly sure you have your seed phrase somewhere safe and never share it. Also don't give permissions to any website you are not sure of. I have a big range of unrequested airdrop tokens associated with my wallets (particularly on the binance smart chain), just waiting to empty my wallet.

End Device Security - VPNs and good AV software plus Firewall

Investing - Check to see if a project has been audited and if this is by a reputable organisation. Check to see how transparent the team are and if they have a good track record. Look to see if there is any negative messages out there, just don't rely on the positive noises.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
i've just read the very sensible advice above, which i agree with. now wondering how i got from there to aping into something released in last 24 hrs based on a tweet. :p

dont do that.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
i've just read the very sensible advice above, which i agree with. now wondering how i got from there to aping into something released in last 24 hrs based on a tweet. :p

dont do that.

It is just risk versus reward though isn't it? Get in early with an amount you can afford to lose and the potential rewards are higher.

I have had a particularly good week with MLT gaining 93% and QRDO 82%

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Ultimately if an asset isn't supported on a hardware wallet, you can't use a hardware wallet to store these assets. What you do need to understand and check is the contract type. Typically if you see ethereum support it means any ERC20 asset can be stored on that wallet.

There is no right or wrong answer to this by the way. I have a Trezor T, bearing in mind this cost something like £160 you have to decide if it is really worth it for you. I hold around 90% of my Quant on this device, with the other 10% on an exchange ready to trade. Quant is my biggest single holding and the only one of any significance I hold, which does not have a good staking option right now. I then have three mobile wallets plus metamask and holdings on binance and kucoin and a number of stakings across various liquidity pools. The net result if I lose a single asset is that it will sting a bit.

The rest of this is just good security and can't be repeated enough. Even then I have probably missed some things off.

Exchanges - Do make good use of all the security they can offer you. Two factor authentication, withdrawal white lists, Email notifications etc. At the end of the day the saying not your wallet not your coins is true, but if they want to go rogue, they probably have bigger fish to fry than you or I.

Browser and Mobile Wallets - Make doubly sure you have your seed phrase somewhere safe and never share it. Also don't give permissions to any website you are not sure of. I have a big range of unrequested airdrop tokens associated with my wallets (particularly on the binance smart chain), just waiting to empty my wallet.

End Device Security - VPNs and good AV software plus Firewall

Investing - Check to see if a project has been audited and if this is by a reputable organisation. Check to see how transparent the team are and if they have a good track record. Look to see if there is any negative messages out there, just don't rely on the positive noises.

Many thanks to you and Sydney.

Very helpful.

Do you have any recommendations for staking BTC, ETH or SOL please? I don't think you can stake BTC, but it may be worthwhile for the others as they are medium - long term holdings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here