Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kusama pumped.

2 weeks ago I got a bunch at $200 then added more up to the $300 mark.

Took out all profit at $535 two days ago.

Very profitable week!

:clap2:

This is what ALL you crypto blowhards should be doing IMHO. Pumping and Dumping in a period not that much longer than that of a day trader. Longer you HODL, more chance of your bag going tits-up due to fraud, theft or 'hack'

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

This is what ALL you crypto blowhards should be doing IMHO. Pumping and Dumping in a period not that much longer than that of a day trader. Longer you HODL, more chance of your bag going tits-up due to fraud, theft or 'hack'

Depends on the asset. Totally right for most alt coins. Long term holding very high risk. Bitcoin not so much and youd have probably ended up much better off if you held as over long term will still increase.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hopefully you guys didn't jump on Wrx! Down 50% from it's high which was near to where I bought it!!!!

We need to do a poll on shittest NSC Crypto trader.
You talk big, giveusfalmerplease, but I still reckon I’ve got your number.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

If you store your crypto like I do with much of mine on a hardware wallet the chance of fraud, theft or hack is next to none.

You're more likely to have your bankcard stolen and cleaned out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agreed - which is why it is not a good idea IMO to go chasing it, because even if you are one of the cognoscenti elite you are bound up with a lot of people who know rock all.

Don't get me wrong - if folk want to buy crytpos, that's their right. If it were less volatile, less energy using, and there were some kind of metric to understand whether price should be $1 or $80,000 then I would be a buyer; I have always been a big holder of gold due to its counter cyclical nature. At some small level if might even be fun to gamble a bit. But lets have some reality as to the fundamentals; the launch of dogecoin as a joke that is now worth $70bn sort of says it all.

Gold uses up far more energy than bitcoin if energy use is a concern.

Here's a video on a crypto projects fundamentals.

Interested to know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-o18tHLwm4

We need to do a poll on shittest NSC Crypto trader.
You talk big, giveusfalmerplease, but I still reckon I’ve got your number.

WTF..yes I probably would win, definitely aFOMO investor. 25% down in my first 6 weeks and half that due to panic selling. There self flagilation complete so you don't need to keep being an arse

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
WTF..yes I probably would win, definitely aFOMO investor. 25% down in my first 6 weeks and half that due to panic selling. There self flagilation complete so you don't need to keep being an arse

Just meant as a bit of gallows humour my friend . Fwiw, I 100% feel your pain.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to rub salt in the wound, Hex is going up. :moo:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ronnie is doing an Elon on share prices! $4 Bn wiped off coke in this stunt! :lolol:

[tweet]1404726298237411331[/tweet]

As a footballer Ronaldo is undisputably one of the all time greats.

I've never been quite sure what to make of him as a person.

But this makes me like him. A lot.

Class.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Kusama pumped.

2 weeks ago I got a bunch at $200 then added more up to the $300 mark.

Took out all profit at $535 two days ago.

Very profitable week!
Top boasting. Will you be quickly on here to tell us if/when you lose a lot of money on a risky financial deal?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Top boasting. Will you be quickly on here to tell us if/when you lose a lot of money on a risky financial deal?

Gave you the heads up weeks ago before the pump.

27-05-2021, 19:34 - Page 103 #1025

I'm taking out profits but it's been going straight back into the coins when the dips have occurred.

I've turned 5 KSM coins into 15 simply by taking the profit and reinvesting back on the downturn.

Patience and not being too greedy is a big advantage.

Agree, there's plenty of opportunity to build a nice nest egg for later in life IF done sensibly.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The lowest my holdings have been (modest) for 5 weeks. XRP, ATOM, ADA, ETH, BTC, BNB all taking a hammering. I've got nothing green atm. ???

Always planned just to dip my toe in and keep hold for a good while. So no panic. Wondering whether to trade some of the smaller coins into the bigger ones though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here