Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122

Thread: Bitcoin price

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did pretty well in the recent alt coin run around August time. Probably held on to the down turn a bit too long but still saw profit. Have put it all into BTC for now as volatility on the books for a while. Think we could see a correction soon after the recent pump so might play a short soon with a tight stop loss to mitigate risk.
    Corn is still king! BTC is still the best long term play and there's been some pretty big news the last week, a couple or large banks and some huge financial institutions have started buying. One of them is putting 10% of there entire net worth into BTC, but the real biggie is Paypal has started buying and is going to offer all the ability to pay with BTC in early 2021.

Institutional/wall street/London city money is now flowing in.

Im convinced of where this is going in the medium/long term. I have 25% of my SIPP invested in a Bitcoin derivative and 10% in ETH derivative as well as personal holding in BTC. (got in at $600!)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by peterward View Post
      Im convinced of where this is going in the medium/long term. I have 25% of my SIPP invested in a Bitcoin derivative and 10% in ETH derivative as well as personal holding in BTC. (got in at $600!)
      are you aware FCA is looking to ban crypto derivative trading in UK, might want to check you dont get stranded.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MJsGhost View Post
      A good time to pile in?
      Definitely was a great time to pile in. Youd have made 3X your money by now.

1 Not allowed!
      Have netted a decent profit after 18 months in and out of BTC/XRP/ETH .
      Withdrew all about 2 weeks ago as I got spooked by the J&J vaccine 'issues'.

Won't trade until after the election now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BHAboi View Post
      Bought Ethereum in the Covid dip in March to $100 and sold a couple months back at $250 so was on a tidy profit. First got into crypto in early 2017 bull market to see my money 5 fold only to see it go back down to the original price at which I bought at which point I sold lol, learnt my lesson this time around! Am now heavily in the stock market as is still heavily sold off since Covid, things could be about to change with a vaccine on the horizon so believe this is a safer bet than crypto at the moment. Check out IAG (BA) / National Express / Saga / Cineworld all heavily sold off an could be multiples of today is all goes well in the next year or so...
      Can see Cineworld going bust, especially considering less movies are out in the cinema these days vs streaming sites

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      are you aware FCA is looking to ban crypto derivative trading in UK, might want to check you dont get stranded.
      Yes I am. Its from Jan 1st. SIPP is with Hargreaves Lansdown, they've already contacted me. New FCA regs will stop you buying, but not holding what you have. In my SIPP i've been profit taking in other positions to put more in before the deadline, pus ive got bit of cash, will all be in before NYE.

After Jan 1 can only sell
      Newly Joined

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      so who's winning in crypto?
      Hodlers for sure especially BTC hodlers as there is no confidence in altcoins, my opinion. BTC always recovers from corrections. Can't say the same about the majority of altcoins in coinmarketcap.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      Definitely was a great time to pile in. You’d have made 3X your money by now.
      Only if you were able to get it out again. More often than not it'd be 'oh dear we've been hacked there goes your money sorry about that'. Ponzi would be proud of 'em
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson