Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting Advice Please - What would you do?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Placed a 12 bet acca in December, 7 have come in, the following are left; (with current odds)

Brighton 8/11 (to win league)
Juventus 1/50
Benfica 1/3
Chelsea 1/20
Golden State Warriors 4/9 (to win NBA champs)

Stake was £25, been offered £705 cash out, if the bet comes in it pays £3,300.

What would you do, take the not untidy sum or gamble?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not a particularly generous cash out offer, I'd have thought. However, taking it gives you cash in hand of 28/1 - very nice. Biggest risks are the Albion and the Warrior; the others are near nailed on, imo. The calculation I would do is whether I'd do a double on the Albion and the Warriors at ~9/2 (3300/705). Looked at that way, it's not a bad bet to let it ride. Providing, of course, you can afford to lose £705...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cash in without a doubt

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Us and Benfica are a worry. Can you do a partial cash out for say £500 and let the rest ride?

I know nothing about basketball BTW.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Cash out the £705, and put £200 on the five-timer, and it pays you £712.56 if it comes in.

Just under £500 profit for £25 doesn't seem too shaby if you cash out :thumbsup:

And can you post tips more often please! [MENTION=16743]Bring back Bryan wade!![/MENTION]

:cool:

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton back to back defeats with no goals. Out of form and playing away to a tough fixture.

Newcastle back to back wins scoring 6 playing virtually a home banker

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Us and Benfica are a worry. Can you do a partial cash out for say £500 and let the rest ride?

I know nothing about basketball BTW.

Partial cash out isn't an option.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Brighton back to back defeats with no goals. Out of form and playing away to a tough fixture.

Newcastle back to back wins scoring 6 playing virtually a home banker

This is what worries me.. we may well revert back to this seasons type and grind out a win but I'm by no means confident... really can't make up my mind to be honest.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Cash out the £705, and put £200 on the five-timer, and it pays you £712.56 if it comes in.

Just under £500 profit for £25 doesn't seem too shaby if you cash out :thumbsup:

And can you post tips more often please! [MENTION=16743]Bring back Bryan wade!![/MENTION]

:cool:

That's decent advice, thank you.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What were the other 7 that have come in already?

Van Gerwen darts
England 6 nations
Sheffield United
AFC Fylde
Maidenhead United
Celtic
Bayern Munich

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Another AFTER TIMER thread appears, proof of bet or YOU will go on the LIST

Ha!! It's been on several threads over the last few months.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Cash the feckin thing in and forget about football until next season your luck ran out on Saturday when we failed to beat Bristol City :shrug:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Placed a 12 bet acca in December, 7 have come in, the following are left; (with current odds)

Brighton 8/11 (to win league)
Juventus 1/50
Benfica 1/3
Chelsea 1/20
Golden State Warriors 4/9 (to win NBA champs)

Stake was £25, been offered £705 cash out, if the bet comes in it pays £3,300.

What would you do, take the not untidy sum or gamble?

Still about 2-5 that one of them will let you down and the biggest price is Albion, which is next up. You'd need about £970 on at 3.4 to win 3.3k, so £705 cash out is about standard as these things go. As long as you're odds-against, the bookie has the whip hand.

Wouldn't be too sure about Golden State either after last year, though obviously the format of the playoffs means that you may well get a chance to cash out at much shorter odds if you get that far. They were 1-25 I think when they were 3-1 up last year, was it the first time ever that a team came back from 3-1 down to win?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Still about 2-5 that one of them will let you down and the biggest price is Albion, which is next up. You'd need about £970 on at 3.4 to win 3.3k, so £705 cash out is about standard as these things go. As long as you're odds-against, the bookie has the whip hand.

Wouldn't be too sure about Golden State either after last year, though obviously the format of the playoffs means that you may well get a chance to cash out at much shorter odds if you get that far. They were 1-25 I think when they were 3-1 up last year, was it the first time ever that a team came back from 3-1 down to win?

Yes that's correct GSW were 3-1 up, however they have Kevin Durant alongside Curry, Thompson and Green this season. Cannot see the cavs beating them over 7 games now.

I'm confident about all bar the Albion!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The fact the bookies so actively advertise cash outs tells you all you need to know. You're just setting fire to EV any time you cash in. I genuinely don't understand why anyone ever cashes in. If you weren't willing to let it ride to win the lot, why did you both doing so many selections in the first place.

As a punter, it's a cardinal sin.

As a Sports Trader this could be described as your edge!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here