Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
What does everyone think of the list of possible signings?

Chris Wood
Tammy Abraham
Joel Campbell
Seb pocognoli
Tom Cairney
John Terry
Fikayo Tomori

Add or change as you wish?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think anyone has given much thought to next season, yet. :dunce:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You mean the same Chris wood that is top scorer in championship.
And an experienced premier league CB that would add even more quality to our backline?
Why?

He has the turning speed of an oil tanker and is a racist ****. That good enough?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goalies....no, unless stockers buggers off to Leeds. Then he needs replacing, and keep the Finn and Walton.
Defence....poggi to be resigned. Rest fine
Midfield....replacement for Stephens, Murphy, skalak, Norwood and backup for Kayal.
Attack....replacement for hemed, baldock..backup for Murray.

So I think 6 new players as a minimum.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Goalies....no, unless stockers buggers off to Leeds. Then he needs replacing, and keep the Finn and Walton.
Midfield....replacement for Stephens, Murphy, skalak, Norwood and backup for Kayal.

So you would go with 37 year old Bruno as a 1st team starter ? No back up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bruno is fine, really? One of my all time favourites but years too late for him to hold his own against pacy Premier League wingers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So you would go with 37 year old Bruno as a 1st team starter ? No back up?

Yes at the moment. We have the Canadian laddie who I was very impressed with against franchise, and I think he would make the step up.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And an experienced premier league CB that would add even more quality to our backline?
Why?

I think his wages could upset the Status Quo of the financial side of things, and the spirit in the team as well, because of where he is in his career time wise.
Premiership experience in spades is his best quality.

Tammy Abraham! Yes, yes, yes. I like his work rate, and his potential, and the Chelsea fans think And with us, I'm sure he'll fit right in. Need some youth, as the squad is getting older. (Absolutely glowing review of the kid on this Chelsea messageboard thread http://www.theshedend.com/topic/30604-tammy-abraham/ )
Tomori as a full signing would be good, again see the reasons above.
And Pognoli as well would be rather handy as he's been part of this season's promotion (and hopefully Championship) winning team!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes at the moment. We have the Canadian laddie who I was very impressed with against franchise, and I think he would make the step up.

So risking a 37 year old and if that fails throw in a player that has never kicked a ball at that level even if he is left footed?

That isn't going to happen, sorry.. This is our first season at this level. Really cannot afford to take risks

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You mean the same Chris wood that is top scorer in championship.
Why?

Yes the same Chris Wood that is top scorer in the Championship. How much do you think think we should be willing to pay for him? How much do you think Leeds will want to sell him? Also too similar to Murray and Hemed.

John Terry because I don't like him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So risking a 37 year old and if that fails throw in a player that has never kicked a ball at that level even if he is left footed?

That isn't going to happen, sorry.. This is our first season at this level. Really cannot afford to take risks

What is the matter with you? The op asked for suggestions.. those are suggestions. To make the statement " it's not going to happen" assumes you know more than anyone else!!!

It's a bit of fun on a message board. Ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here