Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Senior Cup Final

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Any interest in Wednesday's match? Just debating with myself whether to go or not. I haven't seen the U23's live and Crawley should be up for it, so tempted

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nor me. It has been played over the Bank Holiday in recent seasns as I recall. Something to do with, (the Crawley players anyway), playing the game only two days after the lat round of league fixtures?

The last final I went to was Whitehawk v Lewes at the Amex, it was a warm sunny Saturday afternoon but the crowd was very small, just over 2,000 I think.
I can't see many turning up on a Wednesday evening for this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The last final I went to was Whitehawk v Lewes at the Amex, it was a warm sunny Saturday afternoon but the crowd was very small, just over 2,000 I think.
I can't see many turning up on a Wednesday evening for this.

Nor me. Today would have been perfect for it I would have thought.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems an opportunity missed here - or maybe there is no real interest among the 'bigger clubs' in Sussex in publicising the Sussex Senior Cup Final. What an opportunity for a Saturday afternoon 3.00pm kick off (this coming Saturday), cheap admission (£10-£15 maybe) and just straightforward POTG at the Amex.

Not sure that we should be given home advantage for the final, though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Went to last year's (Worthing v Eastbourne Borough) and enjoyed it a lot but it's very strange to see the Amex so empty. Basically just the WSL is open for it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The final was played at The Goldstone from the 50s until 1995, it's been played at the Amex since it opened.

I'm just guessing here, but perhaps this started in the fifties because the event drew a significant crowd back then, and the Goldstone was the only available stadium with the capacity?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seems an opportunity missed here - or maybe there is no real interest among the 'bigger clubs' in Sussex in publicising the Sussex Senior Cup Final. What an opportunity for a Saturday afternoon 3.00pm kick off (this coming Saturday), cheap admission (£10-£15 maybe) and just straightforward POTG at the Amex.

Not sure that we should be given home advantage for the final, though.

Think you will find that club's league commitments will take get in the way. This coming Saturday for instance, Crawley have a home game with Mansfield Town.

Leave it until after the regular season has finished, and people may well have lost interest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think you will find that club's league commitments will take get in the way. This coming Saturday for instance, Crawley have a home game with Mansfield Town.

Leave it until after the regular season has finished, and people may well have lost interest.
Fair enough - I'd forgotten that the League 2 season had one more round of matches still to run. I'd have thought though, since events such as the play-offs and the Cup Final were still going on, the interest in football might not have gone away that much.
Anyway, up the Albion U23s! Let's have a trophy this season even if the first team do blow it!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm gonna go. I think Crawley have sold out 4 coaches and I'm sure there will be approx 1200 from north Sussex. Should be a good game.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am upset I am missing this as working away this week. Anyone now if their will be any covregae anywhere visual/audio or will it just be twitter.

Hope we put out our best squad and come on the Albion. Crawley have the away end so anyone going give a big shout out ALBION from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here