Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we only managed a draw against Derby...

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
and need to win against Middlesbrough at their place to get promoted.Or we fall into the dreaded playoffs.Wait a minute that was last nights dream.We are one of 20 Premier league teams ,the best league in the world,showcased around the world to millions of people.Seeing players that are worth hundreds of millions .Tv revenue and sponsorship to rise to figures we could only dream about 20 years ago.
And yes we can still win the title Sunday,i'll be there cheering every player who have played like olympic athletes who have timed their gold medal run to perfection,whatever the result.Stand or fall

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That's the spirit...........We shall fight them on the turf, we shall fight them in the air, we shall never surrender....etc etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How we perform on Sunday will give Chris an insight into what he requires for next season.....basically as far as i am concerned Villa away on the final day with the chance to win the league in what is effectively a premier league fixture.

A great opportunity for Albion a nice ground to finish the season and a reminder of what is to come...

UTA

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and need to win against Middlesbrough at their place to get promoted.Or we fall into the dreaded playoffs.Wait a minute that was last nights dream.We are one of 20 Premier league teams ,the best league in the world,showcased around the world to millions of people.Seeing players that are worth hundreds of millions .Tv revenue and sponsorship to rise to figures we could only dream about 20 years ago.
And yes we can still win the title Sunday,i'll be there cheering every player who have played like olympic athletes who have timed their gold medal run to perfection,whatever the result.Stand or fall

Premier League stats: The dullest day in the league's history?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39766518

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Premier League stats: The dullest day in the league's history?

i agree -The evening game on Saturday was a relative goal-fest as Burnley won their first away game of the season, 2-0 at Crystal Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must win game at the end of the season. What is the usual outcome for the Albion?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must win - Forest 1-2 BHAFC was pretty good

True, how about Albion 0 Palace 2, Derby 4 Albion 1, Albion 1 Derby 1, Middlesbrough 1 Albion 1, Albion 1 Sheffield Weds 1, Albion 0 Bristol City 1

Normally we fall flat on our faces in must win games at season's end, hence I expect nothing at Villa and would love this post to be bounced next weekend.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have to hope that we simply want it more than the Villa players in the final 20 minutes of the game. That's what'll get us through if nothing else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The evening game on Saturday was a relative goal-fest as Burnley won their first away game of the season, 2-0 at Crystal Palace
Just as NSC's resident Palace fans have told us, it's a massive step up to the PL so we'll struggle:

First goal scorer and man of the match Ashley Barnes, slotting home a cross from Stephen Ward.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just as NSC's resident Palace fans have told us, it's a massive step up to the PL so we'll struggle:

First goal scorer and man of the match Ashley Barnes, slotting home a cross from Stephen Ward.

Vokes played too,Ironic there are 3 players there that were supposedly not quite good enough to some Albion fans never mind anybody else (point being we let them go or could not persuade to stay)playing in the Premier,surviving for another season and beating Palace too..

What do we know? Well we know we are in for some surprise both pleasant and otherwise.

I may just add Barnes is practically 1st on the team sheet these days and that's down to his work ethic.

We needed a win at Boro last season but didn't quite get it although it was close and we played a lot of the time with 10 men.

We are a better side than last season and a lot less knackered as we have a much better squad

Boro were a better side last season than Villa are this season.

So there is no reason why we can't win at Villa.

The game has the potential to be the best Albion day EVER

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well if you don't get promoted, you're always going to have a game where you lost, that doesn't mean anything.

May mean nothing to you but it left me totally GUTTED three times, maybe you are made of sterner stuff. I won't be too bothered if we don't win at Villa though I have to confess, seems the players may feel much the same since Wigan too :smile:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The game has the potential to be the best Albion day EVER

Right now,from a 3 games to go perspective and requiring 1 win from 3,7 points clear-we really need to win to stamp that day into history,anything less and it will have been a fantastic (best ever since i've followed) season with a slightly bitter after taste-call me greedy but i want that title.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We're just letting Newcastle get their hopes up that they can catch us - only to deflate them in the last 10 minutes at Villa Park when we get a late winner.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here