Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone remember Beamish Suzuki on the A27

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I remember it well always wanted a moto x bike RM125 would of been nice.

Anyhow i remember the son of the owner was Steve Beamish who rode a lot of british 500 cc meetings and also did a couple of years at world motocross even scored points i recall . Was his dad Ken Beamish ? Or maybe a different familly all together ?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I remember them on the A259 seafront road, spent many an hour staring at the bikes as a youth.

I think Beamish Suzuki pre dates our Ken.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I remember them on the A259 seafront road, spent many an hour staring at the bikes as a youth.

I think Beamish Suzuki pre dates our Ken.

I remember it around the mid - late 70's thought it was where Atlan motors is by Busticle rd /upper Brigjton rd Lancing

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Remember Beamish Suzuki well and believed its was just the same surname as Ken but not related.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oh yes, I was a road-racer not a scrambler between 79-87 and used an RH250 scrambler in winter to keep competitive - RMs were the scrambler of choice [water cooled] but had a lot of fun on the RH on Telscombe Tye and Cow Slip Bank over past Telscombe Village - happy days ...

Mate of mine then took up road racing at club level in the single cylinder class - he used the RH250 engine.

Over at Beamish regularly for spares and stuff.

There is [or was] a Beamish Museum up Darlington way - more trials bikers than motocrossers - never been ...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bought a Suzuki from them in the 70's

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
is that the same company that used to be at the very bottom of Dyke Rd?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Good thing they don't have adverts on the Villa Beamback. They'd have to label their advert times Beamback Beamish Suzuki Slots.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Didn't they used to have a shop at the end of The Gardens in Southwick?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here