Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is why I don't bet on the Albion

Not a negative thread in the slightest, I believe we will win at Villa Park and win the league.
However if we don't it's not the end of the world and is my best season (along with 78/79) for supporting the club.

I'm slightly disappointed we haven't wrapped it but this is purely for the club, the players and the honour.

My point is if we do "blow it" so to speak, is NSC going to be bombarded with irate punters calling for blood simply because a week or so ago we were 1/33 now we're 4/5. Have those that backed us at 20/1, 16/1, or whatever at the start of the season already spent their 'winnings' ?

Are feelings being clouded because money is involved?

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I've got £10 at 14's at start of season, but just in case we messed it up I put a covering bet on Newcastle to win league two games ago at 7's so I won't be totally pissed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a negative thread in the slightest, I believe we will win at Villa Park and win the league.
However if we don't it's not the end of the world and is my best season (along with 78/79) for supporting the club.

I'm slightly disappointed we haven't wrapped it but this is purely for the club, the players and the honour.

My point is if we do "blow it" so to speak, is NSC going to be bombarded with irate punters calling for blood simply because a week or so ago we were 1/33 now we're 4/5. Have those that backed us at 20/1, 16/1, or whatever at the start of the season already spent their 'winnings' ?

No

Had a pre-season bet on top 2 that I cashed out about 2 months ago
Invested a bit of that in a 'win the league' bet at 2/1
Cashed that out before Norwich at almost full value
Happy days.
Will still be pissed off if we don't win at Villa though

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

I am surprised that you think we are going to obtain the necessary points at Villa after our recent two home games results,travelling away when we have already gained promotion is rather pointless

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Not mine. It will cost me money for sure, but I (and everyone else) had four days to cash out at around 1-20 after the Wigan game, and a week to take a guaranteed profit at around 1-7 after Norwich. I chose not to, simple as that, no complaints at all.

Anyway, we're still odds-on to win the title and still likely to be champions, just not as likely as we were two days ago. Not that you'd think it from some of the whingeing and scapegoating on here after we lost a single match yesterday.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My 'winnings' from the bookies for being champions is looking in serious jeopardy :nono:

You can get 11/10 Newcastle if you fancy a saver bet. I would stick with the original. Knowing they have to win next week if they want to be champions should be incentive enough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I backed at us the start of the season to win the title. I have a winnings of £1,000 to come in if we do it. So yep this is clouding my judgement a little. But I'm not going to criticise this team. Best I've ever seen in so many ways. If we do it that will be great, but if not I can totally understand why and I knew that when I put the bet on.

I also have an accumulator on Chelsea, us, Sheff Utd and Plymouth to win the league together Chelsea to win the FA Cup. It will be ironic if it's us that screws this bet!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I am surprised that you think we are going to obtain the necessary points at Villa after our recent two home games results,travelling away when we have already gained promotion is rather pointless

At the risk of being whooshed: Thanks for that. I feel a bit stupid now and will no longer go to Villa. I also wish I had not bothered with Norwich. The club and support is lucky to have people like yourself looking out for us all and sharing your wisdom.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
i backed at us the start of the season to win the title. I have a winnings of £1,000 to come in if we do it. So yep this is clouding my judgement a little. But i'm not going to criticise this team. Best i've ever seen in so many ways. If we do it that will be great, but if not i can totally understand why and i knew that when i put the bet on.

I also have an accumulator on chelsea, us, sheff utd and plymouth to win the league together chelsea to win the fa cup. It will be ironic if it's us that screws this bet!

#aftertimeralert

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I never ever bet on the Albion. Never. Got my fingers burnt once and learnt my lesson. It's bad enough feeling peed off when the Albion let you down but when you've got money on it too, that's a double whammy. It's also testing the football Gods.

Saying that, my mate who sits next to me at the Amex put a very rare football bet on yesterday for Bristol City to win. It was only a few quid so I think he won about £20. Can't say it tempted me to start getting into football betting.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We might already be champions and we could still lose up at Villa..it's all to much......thankfully no money involved for me,just pride in getting the cherry and eating it....as u were.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The team is punishing some fans for the pitch invasion and they refuse to have another so they aren't in trouble with the FA. We won't finish first.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here