Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wildlife trap cameras

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
NSC being the font of all wisdom...can anyone please help me decide which budget trap camera to get please from their own experience? There's plenty to chose from, all with the usual mixed reviews, and so I'm struggling to make my mind up.

I want one to record the wildlife that visits our pond on the allotment when I'm not there, so night vision is a must. I'll try it out in the garden first of course, so I can get a positive id on which local cats I need to shoot* for crapping everywhere.

*It's a joke, before any cat lovers get their knickers in a twist.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
NSC being the font of all wisdom...can anyone please help me decide which budget trap camera to get please from their own experience? There's plenty to chose from, all with the usual mixed reviews, and so I'm struggling to make my mind up.

I want one to record the wildlife that visits our pond on the allotment when I'm not there, so night vision is a must. I'll try it out in the garden first of course, so I can get a positive id on which local cats I need to shoot* for crapping everywhere.

*It's a joke, before any cat lovers get their knickers in a twist.

Hi

Can I recommend the LTL Acorn 5210.
Have used it for a couple of years to monitor the hedgehogs and foxes in my garden and has never let me down.

Amazon link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acorn-5210...qid=1493664401&sr=8-2&keywords=ltl+acorn+5210

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
82e4f83499eec175a36828ef4ed2ff9e.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I know someone who has one of these. Robust and easy to use. £80
image.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003