Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thought it was a done deal, but maybe not

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd given up on the Nigels going down, but thanks to their last home defeat, all is not lost. They still need two points to be certain of safety, but look at their fixture list:

Man City AWAY
Hull City HOME
Man Utd AWAY

The one fixture that stands out there is the Hull game. Hull are one of two clubs who could catch them. It's a big if but IF Hull won that won, they'd only need two points to overtake them. But here's the thing: one of their other two games is Sunderland at home!

So going back to the dream scenario of three Palace defeats, Swansea would need seven points to overtake Palace. And guess what, they've got Sunderland too (away). :lol: Can they get four more points from their two home games against Everton and West Brom?

A few ifs and buts but it can't be ruled out. Nicely done, agents Ward, Vokes and Sir Ashley Barnes. :thumbsup: :clap2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I reckon they have enough points now even if they lost all 3

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If Palace go down, we'll miss the chance to clap them off the pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Dunno, Swansea have 3 winnable games, can see them getting 7 or 9 points, putting them on 39 or 41. Hull will beat Sunderland at home, putting them on 37 then visit Palace in what may well be a pivotal game. I'm not sure I'd feel safe on 38 just yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly, but in that scenario they'll relying on nervously huddling around trannys, knees trembling, before being able to celebrate finishing 4th bottom.

What an 18 months of football they would have enjoyed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Dunno, Swansea have 3 winnable games, can see them getting 7 or 9 points, putting them on 39 or 41. Hull will beat Sunderland at home, putting them on 37 then visit Palace in what may well be a pivotal game. I'm not sure I'd feel safe on 38 just yet.

They are a best priced 25/1 to go down, which is probably about right but there are about two or three keys results that could cause those odds to tumble. Firstly, Hull would have to beat them at Selhurst Slum, secondly Swansea would have to beat Sunderland away, and then finally we have to hope Palace don't manage to nick a point in Manchester.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
They'll stay up, Boro are as good as gone and it's between Hull and Swansea for the last spot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think Hull will overhaul Palace, especially if they beat them at Selhurst, but sadly can't see Swansea doing it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think Hull have only won one away match all season so unfortunately I can't see them picking up a win at Selhurst. Saying that, wasn't Saturday's result Burnley's first away win all season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Hull have only won one away match all season so unfortunately I can't see them picking up a win at Selhurst. Saying that, wasn't Saturday's result Burnley's first away win all season?
Away wins:-

Leicester 2
Sunderland 2
Burnley 1
Hull 1
'Boro 1

You'd like to think, over the course of 18 games, the Albion could do better than that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We're doomed i tells ya DOOMED!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
efe386ee1841bc92d2475d29d725ac1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its amazingly tight in the second division of the premier league, I'm sure Palace were something like 11th before this weekends matches

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree. They won't be overtaken by all the teams below them; the teams below them are there because they lose games not win them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are not going down and worryingly they currently have a much better squad than us and a manager who is just as good as ours, maybe better ( do I need a tin hat with that comment?) Set up nicely for next season....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are not going down and worryingly they currently have a much better squad than us and a manager who is just as good as ours, maybe better ( do I need a tin hat with that comment?) Set up nicely for next season....
This is the bit I don't get about the 'we'll be alright' brigade.

The bottom half of the table isn't shite.
palace (16) to West Brom (8) are all varying levels of better than the Albion.

I'd like to think we could give Watford, Burnley and perhaps Bournemouth a run for their money.
But they'll all be getting stronger from a position of strength.

Swapping places with Sunderland, Boro & Hull has to rate as one of the worst years to go up.

I firmly believe the Albion is perfectly set up to have a good run at the division, I just can't see next season as the time to get a toe hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here