Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sky have selected

Brentford v Blackburn &

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town

So, not us and NUFC

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Yep I think this is good news for us. Don't think all the media attention, flags, opera singer and general 'cup final feel' did anything to help the players yesterday.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sky have selected

Brentford v Blackburn &

Nottingham Forest v Ipswich Town

So, not us and NUFC

A good choice imo as it's a battle between former Premier League winners Blackburn and former European Champions Forest and therefore a lot more at stake than most relegation deciders

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'll be listening to possibly the final Warren and JC commentary on BBC Radio Sussex... it would be nice to have them again next season but suspect with us being PL and all that's not an option?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The biggest thing for us is that the Villa players will not be putting a show on for the cameras. Sure, they'll want to give their fans something to cheer on, but not being broadcast means there is no added incentive to turn in any performances of the season.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yep I think this is good news for us. Don't think all the media attention, flags, opera singer and general 'cup final feel' did anything to help the players yesterday.

Agree 100%. The expectation amongst many in the week was yesterday would be little more than a coronation. It was all about 'party party party'. I had a 'niggle' in the run up that all the pre match 'razzmatazz' could backfire. For pressure games where much is at stake, the build up for the team should have be kept as near normal as possible without the above. Not easy with expectation, I understand that & I take any point that what was at stake yesterday was nothing compared to 96/97, Hereford or any of the previous play off games. However, it appears no lessons were learnt from 'clackergate'.

I'm happy the TV focus won't be on us although it means I won't get to see the game in the part of the world where I live.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'll be listening to possibly the final Warren and JC commentary on BBC Radio Sussex... it would be nice to have them again next season but suspect with us being PL and all that's not an option?

Very much an option. For example, BBC Radio Solent cover live games involving Southampton, and Bournemouth via radio.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Makes sense. Did not think Forest would be in the position they are with one game to go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll be listening to possibly the final Warren and JC commentary on BBC Radio Sussex... it would be nice to have them again next season but suspect with us being PL and all that's not an option?[/QUOTE

Not doubting you but I dont understand why that should be. Is it a contractual thing?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I've still got Abide with Sussex by the sea ringing in my earlobes :eek:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'll be listening to possibly the final Warren and JC commentary on BBC Radio Sussex... it would be nice to have them again next season but suspect with us being PL and all that's not an option?[/QUOTE

Not doubting you but I dont understand why that should be. Is it a contractual thing?
There did seem to be some doubt - even with JC and WA - that they would be doing next season. Hope they do. Warren's commentary always makes me smile (even if our performance doesn't!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here