Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr sam Baldock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He had a fitness test yesterday morning apparently so near playing so I wonder should CH have said you are not 100% so start and see what happens then have the summer off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Baldock but feck me he spends so much of EVERY season injured. I think we need two more players to cover him for the length of time he spends out injured :wink:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Would you risk playing him in the last match of the season though, just in case?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like Baldock but feck me he spends so much of EVERY season injured. I think we need two more players to cover him for the length of time he spends out injured :wink:

Yes, I think we need another two next season, one a 'like for like' replacement/cover for him, one slightly different (the Pritchard/Judge/Cairney) variety.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He had a fitness test yesterday morning apparently so near playing so I wonder should CH have said you are not 100% so start and see what happens then have the summer off.

Surely, Chris would say that vs Villa. I mean he has the whole Summer to get fit and if he keeps 'breaking down' perhaps he needs surgery.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would you risk playing him in the last match of the season though, just in case?

The implication being he'd be fit for next season, if he doesn't play.

As said before - If the Albion are in any way reliant on Baldock, next season, this season promotion would be a complete waste of time and effort.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

As said before - If the Albion are in any way reliant on Baldock, next season, this season promotion would be a complete waste of time and effort.
Just that if he's coming back from an injury, is it worth playing him in the last match, maybe I am over-cautious.

I'm not sure what your second sentence refers to - possibly you don't rate Sam Baldock to highly.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's the last game of the season. If it's a potentially career-threatening injury, then possibly no. If it's an injury that takes a month or two to sort, then he has to be in the team with Murray. If he's 70% fit, get him on the bench rather than a 125% fit Akpom!
Baldock was on fire before the latest injury.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just that if he's coming back from an injury, is it worth playing him in the last match, maybe I am over-cautious.

I'm not sure what your second sentence refers to - possibly you don't rate Sam Baldock to highly.
I was coming back to that, hoping to make a cheeky edit as I realised it was way to negative.

Sam's great, he makes the team tick (begging the question why only have 1) he'll do well and score Premier League goals.
But squeezing out a little over half a season, just isn't good enough.

Hopefully the lack of midweek games might play to his advantage, and he'd be pushing his replacement for starts, but the bottom line is he just can't be relied upon, which is a real shame.
The team needs him, but sadly the teams him fit, which after all this time clearly isn't an option.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Just had a quick look at Wiki. He has played 270 over the last 10 years, with only two seasons where he played over 35 games. This suggests we can't rely on his fitness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just had a quick look at Wiki. He has played 270 over the last 10 years, with only two seasons where he played over 35 games. This suggests we can't rely on his fitness.

I'm surprised any Brighton fan had to check that on Wiki. :jester:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I was coming back to that, hoping to make a cheeky edit as I realised it was way to negative.

Sam's great, he makes the team tick (begging the question why only have 1) he'll do well and score Premier League goals.
But squeezing out a little over half a season, just isn't good enough.

Hopefully the lack of midweek games might play to his advantage, and he'd be pushing his replacement for starts, but the bottom line is he just can't be relied upon, which is a real shame.
The team needs him, but sadly the teams him fit, which after all this time clearly isn't an option.
I'd agree with that to a degree - I do think we need 'another Sam' as a backup certainly.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Absolutely this, Baldock won't be good enough for Prem so I'll be worried if we haven't got 2 new strikers in during the summer

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here