Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations this season

jjtbha

Oct 12, 2013
Of course every club would love to win the title and get the trophy but I have always said all season and especially the latter end of the season that we are not playing against Newcastle as I thought they would eventually pull away and win the league, we are playing against everyone else to get 2nd place and get promotion to the premier league which we have achieved and the players have been amazing all season. It would be out of this world if we can go to villa and win and get the trophy but the job the club set out to do at the start of the season has been achieved and the club should be very proud of that

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No point putting a slant on things. We were promoted a few weeks back which was amazing and we held a 7pt lead over Newcastle. Since then we have practically blown a massive chance to win the title. It has really disappointed me how it has ended. It shouldn't have because we are up but sadly it has.

Last edited:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Yep, job done!, but, to end with 0 or 1 point from the final 3 games will be disappointing - we deserve to be Champions, especially after the freaky Newcastle win at the Amex!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Great achievement to get promotion but sadly an opportunity lost yesterday ..... but it is not over and a win a Villa is not impossible or Newcastle and BHA drawing both their games .

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
No point putting a slant on things. We were promoted a few weeks back which was amazing and we held a 7pt lead over Newcastle. Since then we practically blown a massive chance to win the title. It has really disappointed me how it has ended. It shouldn't have because we are up but sadly it has.
Exactly how I feel

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
No point putting a slant on things. We were promoted a few weeks back which was amazing and we held a 7pt lead over Newcastle. Since then we practically blown a massive chance to win the title. It has really disappointed me how it has ended. It shouldn't have because we are up but sadly it has.

Spot on. It should have been our cup final yesterday, the best chance and place to win it. Expectations change. Most would have taken second spot before Easter. Surely with a 7 point lead with 3 games to go, people's expectations would change to one of actually wanting to win the league, it wasn't a tough ask.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. It should have been our cup final yesterday, the best chance and place to win it. Expectations change. Most would have taken second spot before Easter. Surely with a 7 point lead with 3 games to go, people's expectations would change to one of actually wanting to win the league, it wasn't a tough ask.

Exactly. Massive disappointment yesterday.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The rational side of me keeps telling me to get a grip, FFS. We're promoted to the PL, what more do I want? The emotional side, that says "I wasn't bothered about losing to Norwich, but yesterday's loss was a real sucker punch, and really hurts" is, still this morning, winning.

Villa? Who knows? I hope we win, but...it's a hope, not an expectation or even a 50/50...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The rational side of me keeps telling me to get a grip, FFS. We're promoted to the PL, what more do I want? The emotional side, that says "I wasn't bothered about losing to Norwich, but yesterday's loss was a real sucker punch, and really hurts" is, still this morning, winning.

Villa? Who knows? I hope we win, but...it's a hope, not an expectation or even a 50/50...

Always a possibility that WE can win and Newcastle loose, keep going to the very end :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here