Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match players walk around the pitch

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very subdue as probably you would expect having won promotion but not taken the chance to win the Championship, I noticed Stockdale waving what could be interpreted as goodbye he was alternating clapping followed by a two handed wave and Stevens was largely walking on the inner edge of the players and not interacting with the fans neither player was smiling

Hope I am wrong but the body language of both looked to me like the are leaving us this summer!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Very subdue as probably you would expect having won promotion but not taken the chance to win the Championship, I noticed Stockdale waving what could be interpreted as goodbye he was alternating clapping followed by a two handed wave and Stevens was largely walking on the inner edge of the players and not interacting with the fans neither player was smiling

Hope I am wrong but the body language of both looked to me like the are leaving us this summer!

Or possibly the body language of two players who'd played well for 90 minutes, while most of their team mates had not: embarrassed and pissed off.

Doesn't mean that they won't leave anyway, of course...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Think how you felt at the end of the game, they would be not different. It was a missed opportunity yesterday and no doubt that should have been going through all the players minds. People on here question Newcastles lack of celebration when they won promotion. That's probably because they felt they should have won the league. I suspect the reaction from our players will be a lot different if win next week

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
They had just lost at home, if they had been jumping about, waving like loonies, laughing uncontrollably .......... my guess is your thread title would have been something like "Stockdale & Stevens don't give a toss about losing" ............ give them a break eh!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
They had just lost at home, if they had been jumping about, waving like loonies, laughing uncontrollably .......... my guess is your thread title would have been something like "Stockdale & Stevens don't give a toss about losing" ............ give them a break eh!

Fair point

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Rosenior impressed me on his walk around the pitch. Walked really close to the stands and clapped the whole way round.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The whole day had the feeling of an FA Cup final for me. Eager anticipation, dressed for the occasion, Large packed crowds and bunting. Put up a good fight but lost a goal and couldn't break down a stubbornly resistant team wanting it more than us. The balloon got popped. The only difference is that we have the same cup final next week amd an opportunity to get things right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To lose both Stockdale and Stephens would be a bit of a disaster as I'm not sure that more than six of the current squad are good enough to be Premier League starters. They are two of them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So disappointed with the amount of gimps who left on full time and couldn't arsed to show their appreciation to what has been a fantastic hard season.

It seriously shocked me. Yes it was a shit end to the day but there was no way i was going early. Glad i didn't because the nonstandard concourse was rocking afterwards.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So disappointed with the amount of gimps who left on full time and couldn't arsed to show their appreciation to what has been a fantastic hard season.

Surely buying a season ticket, supporting the team through good and bad times in all weathers is appreciation enough? I generally stay at least an hour or two after a game (except 7.30 KOs for obvious reasons). They are under no obligation to clap are they? Harsh to be name calling I think.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

It seriously shocked me. Yes it was a shit end to the day but there was no way i was going early. Glad i didn't because the nonstandard concourse was rocking afterwards.

I was one 0f those gimps that left to get a beer at full time.. Dont worry I will give them a clap at Villa for you though!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was one 0f those gimps that left to get a beer at full time.. Dont worry I will give them a clap at Villa for you though!

Doubt it as you will be leaving on 80 mins as usual.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stevens was largely walking on the inner edge of the players and not interacting with the fans neither player was smiling
He's clearly off then. Oh, except he was signing autographs and smiling for fans after the game, so maybe you're just being dumb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here