Did we bottle it today?.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Or am I being harsh?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
No you're not being harsh and yes I think we probably did.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It certainly got to the players i feel today

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps not bottle but off the pace for,second game. Promo,trumps the title it seems

Would you disagree with the promotion over champions? I agree we could have wrapped it up, but at the end of the day would you be THAT disappointed?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
We lost today
Who gives a ****
We're Brighton and Hove Albion
And we're going up

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am as p1$$ed off as everyone else today (not sure about the fairy) but FFS man up guys. We can still nick the title at Villa next week.

At the very least. makes next week on here interesting.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They played a very good defensive game. We couldn't break them down.

Shit happens. Villa are where they are because they are not great. Lets hope we win that one, but we are going up anyway.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We've had similar games to tonight where chances didn't fall and opponent defended and countered.

We play really well on the flip side of that and will be fine next season.

When we bottled it was more the Norwich game I reckon........ now we have our cup final away at Villa and hopefully the players show some urgancy in the last 5-10 minutes

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Exactly.

Who gives a fup.

26,000 paying "customers" probably.........huge opportunity to go into next season with a massive buzz at the Amex ......given away by a weak performance...(from what i was told by people at the game) we know we lose the ones we should win and win the ones we should lose....probably go and beat villa now in front of the 4/5000 hardcore away fans ....hope so , can't really see it though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wouldn't say we bottled it, but our intensity has dropped following achieving promotion. The emotion of it all has effected that intensity that saw us through games when we weren't playing well.

I'm still confident they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat next week. It ain't over yet!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I blame Opera Woman.

Me too.

In fact, in hindsight Villa away may be easier task with none of the peripheral celebratory / commemorative stuff that surrounded the game yesterday. For Villa, the squad can get away a day before and go through their normal routines and treat in like a 'normal' away fixture. Yesterday - what with poetry on the pitch, bloody opera singers, streamers, thousands of balloons and flags and huge expectations - the match had a cup final feel.

Hopefully next week we can just quietly do our own thing and piss on Villa's end of season, just as Bristol City pissed on ours yesterday. And in the process, collect the title.

Of course, I write this more in hope than expectation...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here