Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the first person to hand the players a beer on the train?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
You should hang your head in shame. :facepalm: Seems they are still suffering from too much partying. Thanks to whoever got them pissed

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes, shame on the spontaneous outbreak of euphoria that led to some of the most iconic moments between fans and players in the club's history...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If they had been more professional they would have not joined in the celebrations, knuckled down and already have the trophy in hand and then had the iconic celebrations with the fans.

It may be stretching credibility slightly to link today's performance from the whole team with a handful of players going crowd-surfing for a few minutes on a train 12 days ago.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't think Norwich had a shot on target. 2 freak goals off the goalkeeper. One can't legislate for games like those.

Today was one of those games where the visitors scored from one of their few chances, then sat back and offered less as the match unfolded.
Albion couldn't make their massive possession count - the final ball wasn't great and a few chance didn't fall to feet.
There wasn't the creativity to unlock them. And yes, the pre-match hoopla may not have helped the players too, although it added to the occasion.

Despite all this, we're still in front. If Albion win at Villa, they're still champions over the course of the whole season regardless of the last couple of games.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Seeing the players celebrate with the fans on the train and in town is one of the best things I've seen since I started watching football. Sums up what the last couple of seasons have been about for me. Fair play to anybody who was there!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You should hang your head in shame. :facepalm: Seems they are still suffering from too much partying. Thanks to whoever got them pissed

Were you on the pitch in front of the East after the Derby/Hudds result ? I don't think the beer on the train was the first they had after the Wigan game [emoji23][emoji23]

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Yes, how DARE the players enjoy themselves after winning promotion to the PREMIER LEAGUE????? Bloody outrageous. :facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blimey. How long does it take normally for you to sober up?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure about that, didn't see Kayal or Bong on the train or piss after Wigan and both were beyond poor today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here