Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Following The Hilarious Fyre Festival Farce? What A HOOT!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Basically it's the Lapland New Forest scam transposed to the Bahamas, where rich kids (up to £12,000 a ticket!) were promised a luxury festival featuring (woopie-doos!) blink-182 and a few other acts, plus top of the range catering, accommodation, yoga sessions etc. etc. Instead the whole thing's collapsed in chaos, the rich kids are living the refugee lifestyle in tents with nothing to eat but ham and cheese sarnies, while living in fear of being robbed by the locals and ravaged by feral dogs. You'd need a heart of stone not to :lolol: The twitterati are doing exactly that.

#fyrefestival

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The luxury accommodation...

fyre-festival-bahamas-cancelled-report.jpg

The high-end catering...

C-dvOTBUIAEfM_-.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm aware of it in a general sense, but not overly familiar with the details. A couple of tweets did amuse me, including Ja Rule's apology for this totally not a scam festival:

[tweet]858025172942675968[/tweet]

"I truly apologize as this is NOT MY FAULT... but I’m taking responsibility" Yup, making it clear it's not you're responsibility is exactly how you take responsibility.

and this

[tweet]857868463959941121[/tweet]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Basically it's the Lapland New Forest scam transposed to the Bahamas, where rich kids (up to £12,000 a ticket!) were promised a luxury festival featuring (woopie-doos!) blink-182 and a few other acts, plus top of the range catering, accommodation, yoga sessions etc. etc. Instead the whole thing's collapsed in chaos, the rich kids are living the refugee lifestyle in tents with nothing to eat but ham and cheese sarnies, while living in fear of being robbed by the locals and ravaged by feral dogs. You'd need a heart of stone not to :lolol: The twitterati are doing exactly that.

#fyrefestival

Don't know about that THPP, but just seen something that caught my eye, a sign advertising The Lady Boys of Bangkok :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't know about that THPP, but just seen something that caught my eye, a sign advertising The Lady Boys of Bangkok :)

Had an embarrassing time of it a couple of years back when a couple of Indians took over the offie in Preston Drove. As per usual for this time of year, there was a big stack of Lady Boys of Bangkok flyers on the counter. Young lad behind the counter started waxing lyrical about the beautiful ladies and how he was going to go on his day off. Seriously existential moment when I had to break the news or not break the news to him...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had an embarrassing time of it a couple of years back when a couple of Indians took over the offie in Preston Drove. As per usual for this time of year, there was a big stack of Lady Boys of Bangkok flyers on the counter. Young lad behind the counter started waxing lyrical about the beautiful ladies and how he was going to go on his day off. Seriously existential moment when I had to break the news or not break the news to him...

:eek:

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I see that the organisers have promised to give $1.50 from each ticket to the Bahamas Red Cross.

That's $1.50 from tickets costing thousands of dollars each.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Good point, well made. Tho there were twitter reports of ham being included. Maybe that was in the VIP Package. Or maybe it's hiding under the cheese.
I am not at all convinced that the yellow square stuff is cheese as anyone knows it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am not at all convinced that the yellow square stuff is cheese as anyone knows it.

As it hasn't been sprayed from a can, to an American that's not only cheese, that's Michelin starred restaurant quality cheese.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Watched the Netflix documentary on this. Funny watching all the millennial influencer strife! Felt a bit for the big guy until he started on the blatant fraud whilst on bail. Still he’s bound to do ok on his release.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here