Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surviving the close season

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It's been a dream season for us this year and we have so much to look forward to.

It'll seem pretty weird when this is all done and dusted, the celebrating stops and there is no meaningful football for a couple of months.

I don't think it will feel much like a normal close season as the countdown to Aug 12th will likely begin almost immediately!

How will the good folks of NSC be filling the void this year I wonder?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It will come round surprisingly quickly ... apart from the final week - which will really draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Music festivals. 20/20 cricket and a couple of weeks in Croatia. Will fly by.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Either travelling to India and Burma or putting myself into cryogenic tank until the start of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a kid I was gutted having to wait three plus months for football to resume. All club football started later then on the penultimate Saturday of August.

Pleased for a break these days.

But the media will keep up a steady flow of information and lies on transfers and managerial changes.

For myself, a proper holiday, a mini break in London, with interest in other sports.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Giant rabbits

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having half the back of my house replaced; worrying about my sweet but idiotic son; working like a ******* as my employer squeezes the last drops of juice out of me before they throw me on the scrapheap; gardening; feverishly following up transfer rumours; repeatedly showering to wash way the shame of wanting Colin to win tonight :facepalm:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I shall spend my time helping the needy, defending the vulnerable and plenty of m@sturbation.

(We can say ****ish but have to put an @ in m@sturbation!)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Working hard so I can survive next Winter..one month break from NSC some when along the line..sports void partially filled by the Lions tour of NZ if only by watching it on the box

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Killing animals, mastabation and golf.

On second thoughts maybe not golf, don't want to get a reputation

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After last game of season, off to Scotland for a break.
In between the silence of no Albion football, inducing myself into a coma at work, only to be awoken for player updates, allotment, wifey and social duties :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here