FA Cup song sorted then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Let's get it into the charts!

:albion2:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I know many people regarded this as a naff oddball song in 1983, but I've always loved it. As we approach the 20th anniversary of leaving The Goldstone, I thought it was worth rolling this out again.

Originally written in 1979 to celebrate getting into Div One, was played numerous times before the Arsenal game at The Goldstone in August 1979. :)

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
More likely that Prince ripped off the musical genius that is Johnny Wakelin :wink:
Perhaps a shared inspiration...?

Where_Eagles_Dare_poster.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Any other old-timers remember a song from about 1977 by ...... no, can't remember his name (Ted Young?). It was called 'Seagulls' and the words went something like:

"The Albion can get around,
Bring back the goodies to the Goldstone ground,
We're moving!
Come on the lads get mo-o-o-ving!
We've got places to go,
Teams to beat,
Look at the football,
Ain't it neat?

Seagulls!
Flying high,
Seagulls!
[Something something]
The one and only Seagulls,
Fill the skies!"

Leaving aside the Goldstone reference the rest is still accurate! I used to have it as a 45rpm single. (That was a type of gramophone record for those of you born after about 1990).

EDIT: I just googled it and it was indeed Ted Young! You can hear it on Youtube. Go on, give yourselves a treat!
EDIT2: I didn't get all the words quite right in the chorus.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Any other old-timers remember a song from about 1977 by ...... no, can't remember his name (Ted Young?). It was called 'Seagulls' and the words went something like:

"The Albion can get around,
Bring back the goodies to the Goldstone ground,
We're moving!
Come on the lads get mo-o-o-ving!
We've got places to go,
Teams to beat,
Look at the football,
Ain't it neat?

Seagulls!
Flying high,
Seagulls!
[Something something]
The one and only Seagulls,
Fill the skies!"

Leaving aside the Goldstone reference the rest is still accurate! I used to have it as a 45rpm single. (That was a type of gramophone record for those of you born after about 1990).

EDIT: I just googled it and it was indeed Ted Young! You can hear it on Youtube. Go on, give yourselves a treat!
EDIT2: I didn't get all the words quite right in the chorus.
£2.74 including postage if you want the 7 inch single: https://www.discogs.com/release/7361189-Ted-Young-Seagulls-Dirty-Old-Guitar

I got it a lot cheaper than that in a charity shop a few years back. Mine's not for sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here