Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bloom Albion dynasty

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This is going to sound rather snobbish, so I apologise if it offends anyone, but I've just been reading a thread on the Facebook Goldstone Ground page, and frankly I'm astonished that some people are simply not aware / out of touch about how much the Bloom family name has been associated with the club for so many decades.
How could they have missed that?

I don't think these people are JCLs etc (or any other derogatory term) as most talk fairly knowledgably about the Goldstone - but some simply just aren't aware about the Blooms from the past. I just find it odd!

Yours aloofedly,
JTM

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is going to sound rather snobbish, so I apologise if it offends anyone, but I've just been reading a thread on the Facebook Goldstone Ground page, and frankly I'm astonished that some people are simply not aware / out of touch about how much the Bloom family name has been associated with the club for so many decades.

I don't think these people are JCLs etc (or any other derogatory term) as most talk fairly knowledgably about the Goldstone - but some simply just aren't aware about the Blooms from the past. I just find it odd!

Yours aloofedly,
JTM

They were also associated with Worthing back in the 70s I have an old programme at home from Worthing and it has I think Rays name as a chairman or at least on the board.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I met a member of the Bloom family that was a car dealer back in the mid 90s. I can't remember his first name though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I met a member of the Bloom family that was a car dealer back in the mid 90s. I can't remember his first name though.

Honda dealership I believe? I vaguely remember having dealings ( all good) too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not surprised at the lack of awareness really. Back in the day there wasn't the media coverage there is now (not to mention no internet). Football reporting in the fifties was all about the players - even the managers hardly got a mention, let alone Chairmen and directors.
Thinking back, I think I remember the Chairman's name, and maybe the board too, being in very small print somewhere on the match day programmes. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who used to skip over that bit, and pay little or no attention to it.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Yours aloofedly,
JTM

I was at school with Tony Bloom.
That's all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here