Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SLR camera tomorrow?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Are we allowed to take a SLR camera into the ground?, I'd like to take some better pictures than with my phone for a change
its a canon 1000D with a 75-300 lens.

I've not been aware of people with cameras in the stands so thought I'd better check.

I've emailed the club but in case they don't get back to me I thought I'd ask here too.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I took my Canon SLR for Donny game in 2011 and was told OK so long as images were not for profit. May have changed over 6 years but I doubt it. I would advise against taking more than one lens or using a long lens as I was told these might make you look 'professional'.

Had similar response at Wembley where taken SLR several times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Taken a reasonable sized bridge camera in for most games this season ..and told the steward who searched my bag on admission..without any problems

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
If you think about it, nearly everyone takes a camera into the ground. It's also called a mobile phone.

giphy.gif

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In theory, I think it's only images of the game that you can't use (not even on social media) legally.

As long as you don't attract attention to yourself. The lens you mention may be a bit big....

The only place I recall being asked to stop taking photographs was Huddersfield.

surferdave

Nov 24, 2012
I tried to bring in the exact same setup as you a few seasons ago at the amex as well as the kit lens and they let me take the camera and the kit lens in but not the 75-300 lens

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
I tried to bring in the exact same setup as you a few seasons ago at the amex as well as the kit lens and they let me take the camera and the kit lens in but not the 75-300 lens

Did anyone else wonder why anyone would want to bring kittens in to the Amex :glare: ... and had to read this again ... just me? ok.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
How'd you get on? My bridge camera was not an issue to the stewards...was hoping to use it for scenes of celebration but it didn't quite turn out as we were hoping. Got a fair pic of Wardy with Zamora hugging each other - wouldn't have got anything without the zoom...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got told to stop taking pics of the action about 4/5 years ago. The SLR had something like a 40-200mm on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here