Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Record Of Sorts

el punal

Next season many Albion fans will achieve the distinction of having seen our glorious Seagulls play in all four divisions, and more than likely getting to see close on 90 different opposing teams in a league format. Off the top of my head the only league clubs that we haven't met are Fleetwood and Morecambe - I'm sure someone can add to that.

Still, variety is the spice of life and all that. :cheers:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Erm, many already have, unless you also believe football was created in 1992

In fairness, the OP correct. Unless you are 40 or over (A large chunk of our fan base aren't) you won't have had this opportunity.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, 34 years, our last visit to the top table. Never been drawn against them in any of the cups since.

Quick question, totally off topic. Looking for a new walk to do before Saturday's game and thought that Cowfold to Steyning via the Downs Link looks like a good stroll. Have you done this and is it very scenic ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Next season many Albion fans will achieve the distinction of having seen our glorious Seagulls play in all four divisions, and more than likely getting to see close on 90 different opposing teams in a league format. Off the top of my head the only league clubs that we haven't met are Fleetwood and Morecambe - I'm sure someone can add to that.

Still, variety is the spice of life and all that. :cheers:

I would argue it's more than 90 if you take into consideration all the clubs that have dropped out of the Football League.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think I have seen us play every league club in the top four divisions in a league game except for Stevenage, Fleetwood, Morecombe, Accringon Stanley and AFC Wimbledon.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I would argue it's more than 90 if you take into consideration all the clubs that have dropped out of the Football League.

Indeed. I've seen us play competitive fixtures against NINE of the current 'division 5' (National League) and FIVE clubs in the league below that.

theboybilly

Quick question, totally off topic. Looking for a new walk to do before Saturday's game and thought that Cowfold to Steyning via the Downs Link looks like a good stroll. Have you done this and is it very scenic ?

I've ridden that section by mountain bike (well the bit between West Grinstead and Bramber on the Downs Link) and it is nice enough. I wouldn't call it scenic as much of it is tree-lined but if you are a regular walker, as I asume you are, you won't find it too taxing. If you walk down the A281 past the Chalet Cafe there is a Public Footpath that takes you round the back of St.Hughes' Monastary towards Partridge Green where you will pick up the Downs Link trail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Have run the whole Downslink.....almost none of it is 'scenic'. Felt like a 38 mile tree-lined tunnel ! Sure on a stroll it would be much nicer (and less painful) though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here