Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership Football

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never watched much before but for obvious reasons now taking an interest. After watching Arsenal and tonights derby game it will be more important how good our central defenders are on the ground then in the air. Never seen so few crosses in open play. Wide players seem to never to cross just interested in finding feet and working ball into box and turning defenders. Just made me think what will be our best combination to combat this.
I appreciate i have just watched the top sides and that Dunk/Duffy will be first chice against Burnley Stoke etc

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ooo mate, you've only gone and put a ship on the end of Premier, brace yourself buddy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
premiership isnt all Arsenal playing intricate little triangles, still alot about getting the ball down the channels and whip into the big/quick fella in the box.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
premiership, premiership, premiership. deal with it, in fact make a point of saying it to weaken the brand a teeny, tiny bit.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If you're genuinely upset with people say Premiership; rather than Premier League, then I have a sneaky feeling that that you might not have got any action in quite a long time.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If you're genuinely upset with people say Premiership; rather than Premier League, then I have a sneaky feeling that that you might not have got any action in quite a long time.

Oh my such a sweeping statement sweety. You should **********. The construct of your statement is also a load of jizz.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Never watched much before but for obvious reasons now taking an interest. After watching Arsenal and tonights derby game it will be more important how good our central defenders are on the ground then in the air. Never seen so few crosses in open play. Wide players seem to never to cross just interested in finding feet and working ball into box and turning defenders. Just made me think what will be our best combination to combat this.
I appreciate i have just watched the top sides and that Dunk/Duffy will be first chice against Burnley Stoke etc

Doesnt watch much. Two games later a pro on the matter.

theboybilly

A lot of folk on Social Media thought tonight's Manchester Derby was cack but I really enjoyed it. United ceded loads of possession to City and there was some excellent defensive play there. The top teams really are very very good. Albion have to do the bulk of their work against 14 teams that are not near that level (but some that are not that far off) Thats a 28 game (and 84 points) window to find as near to 40 points as possible and hopefully scrap for others against the big boys to make sure of safety. It's going to be a long hard season.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A lot of folk on Social Media thought tonight's Manchester Derby was cack but I really enjoyed it. United ceded loads of possession to City and there was some excellent defensive play there. The top teams really are very very good. Albion have to do the bulk of their work against 14 teams that are not near that level (but some that are not that far off) Thats a 28 game (and 84 points) window to find as near to 40 points as possible and hopefully scrap for others against the big boys to make sure of safety. It's going to be a long hard season.

No not having that. Leicester won the Premier League with mostly Championship players. Yes they had a miraculous escape in the first season but with a few additions, not many, they won the bloody thing a year later. The Premier League is not to be feared is what I am saying.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No not having that. Leicester won the Premier League with mostly Championship players. Yes they had a miraculous escape in the first season but with a few additions, not many, they won the bloody thing a year later. The Premier League is not to be feared is what I am saying.

Agreed. Smaller and comparably sized clubs like Watford, Palace, Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley have survived in the Prem for at least a few seasons, no reason why we can't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here