Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs fan attacks fellow supporter in 'Chelsea mix-up'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Doctors fear a Tottenham Hotspur fan could be left with permanent damage to his eyesight, following an attack in which police think a fellow Spurs fan mistook him for a Chelsea supporter.

Michael Voller was assaulted after his team's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Chelsea on Saturday at Wembley.

He was set upon after the match outside an Indian restaurant near the stadium.

He was punched in the face and suffered a broken skull and damage to his cheekbone and eye-socket.

_95804791_07a54c0a-c4ae-43d8-83e9-367c8eafdef5.jpg

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
It almost seems that the media are making out it's worse because the injuries were caused by a supporter of the same team. It doesn't matter who supports who it's a disgrace to attack someone and cause those injuries. Hope they catch the scumbag and he gets sent down for a long long time. These are life changing injuries not just physically but mentally as well.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Tottenham have got some very unpleasant fans. As I was coming back from Arsenal last night at London Victoria, I stood with a young lad with a replica top on to keep him safe. A huge bloke in his forties made a cut-throat gesture towards me. Charming.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
It almost seems that the media are making out it's worse because the injuries were caused by a supporter of the same team. It doesn't matter who supports who it's a disgrace to attack someone and cause those injuries. Hope they catch the scumbag and he gets sent down for a long long time. These are life changing injuries not just physically but mentally as well.

I entirely agree with your sentiment there. From another angle, you could say that this particular story is highlighting just how stupid these knuckledraggers are, rather than suggesting this incident isn't ok just because it was [allegedly] spurs on spurs.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tottenham have got some very unpleasant fans. As I was coming back from Arsenal last night at London Victoria, I stood with a young lad with a replica top on to keep him safe. A huge bloke in his forties made a cut-throat gesture towards me. Charming.

But on the other thread about pitch invasions, someone firmly told you ALL clubs have the same types of fans and it's all harmless.

The photo suggests otherwise.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've seen an Albion fan punch another on the train from falmer to Brighton - before realising they were both Albion & becoming friends.. I think the loss of sight potential in the story is a tad over egging it. He'll be fine

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his early 20s and approximately 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black hooded top or jacket.

Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep can see it going off in the town next season.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

:tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here