Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson Back For Pre Season

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
According to Brighton & Hove Independent !

Albion defender Connor Goldson has been back in light training this week and is still on course to be back for pre-season.

The 24-year-old has been jogging this week, after he was ruled out for the season in early February when he was identified as having a possible risk factor from a routine cardiac screening.

He has since had preventative surgery and Seagulls boss Chris Hughton revealed the squad were all delighted to see the popular defender back on the training ground.

He said: "It's very positive and everything we've got back from his progress has been very good, so we anticipate him building it up now.

"He's not going to play any part this season but I think it's more emotionally what it means to the squad (seeing him back in training).

"For any player to have the scare that he has had and the operation that goes with it, it's something that we all think about and don't want anybody to go through.

"Fortunately for Connor it was found at the right time, which is testament to the club and the work they do and the screens these players have.

"We're really looking forward to him being back in pre-season and competing next year."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone unsure/unaware of the meticulous care these players go through, have a watch of this from our very own Seagull supporter, Russell Martin.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not seen it mentioned here but Hughton has said Duffy will be available for selection for the international games in June so guess he is pretty close too

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Tremendous news. Must have been one hell of a tough year for the lad. Can't wait to see him back in the stripes. :albion2:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone unsure/unaware of the meticulous care these players go through, have a watch of this from our very own Seagull supporter, Russell Martin.

Fascinating and a bit of an eye opener. What about 4 laps of the pitch and cross bar challenge? Think I know where I went wrong now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good for him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantastic news, hopefully he'll make a full recovery and be ready for action in August.

That Ugo Ehiogu tragedy last week must've been very sobering for the lad.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Superb news. Despite the fact that they caught this early and he has had the best treatment, you never know with these things.

Could still have been career ending. So happy for him (and for us!).

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Superb news. Despite the fact that they caught this early and he has had the best treatment, you never know with these things.

Could still have been career ending. So happy for him (and for us!).

Career ending? Heart surgery can be life ending. The stakes were high indeed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Career ending? Heart surgery can be life ending. The stakes were high indeed.

I knew someone would say that. I meant even after successful surgery, he might not have been able to play again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
that's fine. We're all pleased he's back. He seems to have a good attitude

Very much so.

Was thinking along the lines of James Taylor who despite having a successful operation still had to retire from cricket. Very sad. But as you say, still much better than the other option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here