Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic supporters...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
These poor souls have been left on the scrap heap here and will have to stick to going down the pub to watch manure and chelsea as usual :)
Most clubs who go up attract roughly 30% extra fans +...
Burnley 14k-20k
Hull city 16k-24k
Middlesbrough 21k-31k
Reading 16k-24k
Etc etc....
Guess as a club and business it's about the mighty buck although gate receipts etc are peanuts compared to the TV money.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
These poor souls have been left on the scrap heap here and will have to stick to going down the pub to watch manure and chelsea as usual :)
Burnley 14k-20k
Hull city 16k-24k
Middlesbrough 21k-31k
Reading 16k-24k
Etc etc....
Guess as a club and business it's about the mighty buck although gate receipts etc are peanuts compared to the TV money.

Except for the jesters up the road, none of the extra 7-8,000 supports that turn up now they are in the PL are plastic. They were all just stuck in massive traffic jams/working/on holiday/coudn't find anywhere to park the caravan* between August 2005 and August 2013.

*delete as appropriate

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our plastics turned up when the Amex opened, so are now dyed in the wool fans mostly I imagine, after the seasons we've had. Keeping them could be a challenge if we struggle though.

Any " I'll only watch the Albion in the Premier League" plastics still left are too late to the party as the OP suggests

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Except for the jesters up the road, none of the extra 7-8,000 supports that turn up now they are in the PL are plastic. They were all just stuck in massive traffic jams/working/on holiday/coudn't find anywhere to park the caravan* between August 2005 and August 2013.

*delete as appropriate
Forgot about palace:lolol:
16900-23,300:banana:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Burnley 14k-20k
Hull city 16k-24k
Middlesbrough 21k-31k
Reading 16k-24k
Etc etc....

You mean Plastic Palarse Pete (aka polyethylene terephthalate) or Massive MF (aka melamine formaldehyde) :wink:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our plastics turned up when the Amex opened, so are now dyed in the wool fans mostly I imagine, after the seasons we've had. Keeping them could be a challenge if we struggle though.

Any " I'll only watch the Albion in the Premier League" plastics still left are too late to the party as the OP suggests
Real plastics don't go too lower division matches as their image of supporting a prem side would be tarnished forever:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Burnley 14k-20k
Hull city 16k-24k
Middlesbrough 21k-31k
Reading 16k-24k
Etc etc....

You mean Plastic Palarse Pete (aka polyethylene terephthalate) or Massive MF (aka melamine formaldehyde) :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Real plastics don't go too lower division matches as their image of supporting a prem side would be tarnished forever:lolol:

Have you never heard of a "second" team? Plenty of our season ticket holders will have a decision to make next season as Chelsea, Liverpool. Arsenal, United, City and Spurs run out onto the Amex turf :lolol:

Have you managed to blag a ticket Sir Albion? I thought you didn't bother with home games, or was that just at Withdean and Gillingham :wink:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can you read?
30 % extra fans when promoted?
We have room for about 3%?
Get it?

Yes, just not quite sure why it needed to be pointed out that attendances go up when getting promoted to the PL....!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have you never heard of a "second" team? Plenty of our season ticket holders will have a decision to make next season :lolol:
Every club has those but there's a much sinister bunch of plastic supporters that will only follow a premiership side....These types won't go to lower league matches.

We've averaged 22k-23k ST holders for many years now and miles ahead of many clubs who've been promoted....That's loyalty and you can't moan at those who've sort of jumped on the wagon.
Personally I can't believe that anyone born in the south could support a northern big club because that's who you watched on television as a kid or because it was a playground image....They should have grown out of this in their teens:glare:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes, just not quite sure why it needed to be pointed out that attendances go up when getting promoted to the PL....!
The point is that ours won't go up much and possibly 1800 max on this season compared to nearly 7k+ for other clubs...
Stop being a patronising twit:lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 605

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The point is that ours won't go up much and possibly 1800 max on this season compared to nearly 7k+ for other clubs...
Stop being a patronising twit:lolol:

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What about us plastic supporters who could not justify investing in a season ticket for a variety of financial and practical reasons ?

You know, those of us who did travel to places like Hartlepool and Carlisle during the dark days ?

We bow to the Super Fans. We know our place. Clearly having a season ticket for the last few years at the AMEX gives a person rights to a superiority complex.

Interesting to note that the only season I have managed to attend every match at the AMEX was our worst one under Hyppia. Still, I'm clearly a glory hunter.

Dumb thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here