Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Function Room

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody know of any pubs/restaurants with a function room that can accommodate a 70th birthday party for a sit down meal for about 23 adults and 10 young children in the Haywards Heath to Worthing area stretching into Brighton as a triangle.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Bull is actually in Shermanbury, (as I'm sure BG knows). I've often played skittles in this room, and they provide a buffet menu consisting entirely of different pizzas. I don't actually know if they serve food to the table, or even if they put tables in there.

Fine if you like pizza, but if not . . .

They do do other food as shown on the menu and I've yet to find a kid (let alone ten) who doesn't like pizza. No harm in BG giving them a call to find out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Bull is actually in Shermanbury, (as I'm sure BG knows). I've often played skittles in this room, and they provide a buffet menu consisting entirely of different pizzas. I don't actually know if they serve food to the table, or even if they put tables in there.

Fine if you like pizza, but if not . . .

Not a great pizza lover but I was going to ask my granddaughter if the pub in Cowfold could accommodate that number of people. I was thinking of a meat and veg but not really a roast for the meal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not a great pizza lover but I was going to ask my granddaughter if the pub in Cowfold could accommodate that number of people.

That's a good shout, don't know why I didn't think of it. They kind of have a seperate area to the side, which is away from the main dining area, which I think could accommodate that many, so may be suitable.

Food is good too, (or was last time I ate there a while ago). You may get a better welcome now that the pub has changed hands again too!

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Hassocks Hotel, function room will take more than that. Helpful and accommodating plus next to train station

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Oak Barn in Burgess Hill BG ?

Not sure they have a specific function room, but know they section it off for parties etc might be worth looking into.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Green Man in Ringmer would, but is probably just outside your triangle.

The Woolpack - Burgess Hill?
Has the Gather Inn still got the downstairs bit? - Used to be Blue Lagoon by Hove Lagoon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hassocks Hotel, function room will take more than that. Helpful and accommodating plus next to train station

Our running club has used this a few times......big room, food is OK and cheap. Function room has it's own bar.

Not a function room as such, but the Emperor Chinese in Burgess Hill does great deals on banquets for large groups and will put you all in one area of the restaurant. Good quality food, loads of it and decent service and a nice social way of eating for a party. Less than £20 a head typically including starters, crispy duck course and then several choices of mains.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unfortunately I only know of any pubs/restaurants with a function room that can accommodate a 69th birthday party for a sit down meal for about 22 adults and 9 young children in the Haywards Heath to Worthing area stretching into Brighton as a triangle.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just outside of your area.

The Spotted Cow at Angmering

Jul 7, 2003
Ye John Selden in Worthing has a nice function room for that sort of event.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Anybody know of any pubs/restaurants with a function room that can accommodate a 70th birthday party for a sit down meal for about 23 adults and 10 young children in the Haywards Heath to Worthing area stretching into Brighton as a triangle.

Unfortunately I only know of any pubs/restaurants with a function room that can accommodate a 69th birthday party for a sit down meal for about 22 adults and 9 young children in the Haywards Heath to Worthing area stretching into Brighton as a triangle.

No a lot of good then as it doesnt meet our requirements.

:goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here