Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worth a read if you planning on going on the pitch on saturday

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That's a far better wording than the previous request to stay off the pitch was. No threats, doesn't feel heavy handed, and an uplifting "Let the players have their moment" element.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Albion have been asked by the FA for their observations following the pitch invasion following victory over Wigan Athletic, including preventative measures taken by the club to avoid such an occurrence."

"Well, guv, we issued a press release asking them to stay off, we tweeted about it, we put it in our programme notes, we issued a request over the PA just before the FT whistle, we hired extra stewards, we tracked social media...what more could we reasonably do? When the crowds decided to invade, for 'elf & safety reasons we told the stewards to not rugby tackle the first few - that's reasonable enough, I'm sure you'd agree".

They always knew it was was going to happen, it was all CYA in preparation for the inevitable FA questions.

This time - there's no need for an invasion. It would be good for us to see, and the players to enjoy, the lap of honour so richly deserved, hopefully with a cup in tow.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-paul-barber-3693276.aspx#hHlMJL64GvRFbUFH.99

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Fair enough. Fantastic if championship could be given on pitch and then like every season players do a well deserved lap of honour with there children etc. Much better worded and i will do anything Tony Bloom says

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be more than a bit crap if the players and management couldn't do their traditional end of season lap of the pitch with their families, not to mention the small matter of (hopefully) being presented with the Championship championes trophy. Time to praise them like we should and maybe keep off the grass.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's all very well you people that got on the pitch saying "we've had our fun" but what about those of us that couldn't get to the Wigan match?

I'll give the pitch a miss anyway. I'm in N2A so getting onto the pitch could involve breaking my legs/back/neck.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Funny to think that 13 years on from Cardiff Bristol City and their followers will be looking on again as we lift silverware(probably). Still have good memories of the former. A decent weekend in Bristol before and after. Hope those going on Saturday get to see a better match though:lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Be really good if there's a full house to cheer the players on their lap of honour after such a a fantastic season.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
The pitch invasion was great and everything but you know there will be a few who will give it another go ... I really hope they don't because I'd like to see the trophy being lifted and thank the players for the season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's all very well you people that got on the pitch saying "we've had our fun" but what about those of us that couldn't get to the Wigan match?.

I can't make the victory parade - I think they should hold one every weekend out of season until everyone that wants to go has had a chance to do so.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I can't make the victory parade - I think they should hold one every weekend out of season until everyone that wants to go has had a chance to do so.

You guys. Read my second sentence to see that I'm not being entirely serious about this. I'll be perfectly happy to keep off the pitch and watch a spot of trophy lifting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here