Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

34 years ago(nearly!!)

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I never thought as I got on that Minibus after getting stuffed 4-0 by Man Utd in the replay and my team been relegated that 14 years later I would be getting on another Minibus to see my team go within 90 minutes of going out of the Football League and probably existence, and when I got back on that Minibus after that Hereford game I never imagined after another 20 years of hardship, homelessness, ups and downs that we would be back from those dark days and up again amongst the Big Boys again
I've lost a few mates during these 34 years and now at a grand age of 59 years old I will be remembering them and everything that's happened in that time when Abide With Me is being sung on Saturday

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I never thought as I got on that Minibus after getting stuffed 4-0 by Man Utd in the replay and my team been relegated that 14 years later I would be getting on another Minibus to see my team go within 90 minutes of going out of the Football League and probably existence, and when I got back on that Minibus after that Hereford game I never imagined after another 20 years of hardship, homelessness, ups and downs that we would be back from those dark days and up again amongst the Big Boys again
I've lost a few mates during these 34 years and now at a grand age of 59 years old I will be remembering them and everything that's happened in that time when Abide With Me is being sung on Saturday
Thanks! I was at Wembley in 83 with my Dad (R.I.P.). "Abide With Me" was also sung at my father in law's funeral - and Mrs G will be standing next to me on Saturday.

Guaranteed blubbing during AWM ...[emoji3]

I never thought as I got on that tube after getting stuffed 4-0 by Man Utd in the replay and my team been relegated that 14 years later I would be getting in a car to see my team go within 90 minutes of going out of the Football League and probably existence, and when I got back In the car after that Hereford game I never imagined after another 20 years of hardship, homelessness, ups and downs that we would be back from those dark days and up again amongst the Big Boys again
I've lost a few mates during these 34 years and now at a grand age of 49 years old I will be remembering them and everything that's happened in that time when Abide With Me is being sung on Saturday

[Thanks Charles, you've put it better than I ever could]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The final was a brilliant experience for me personally, I didn't get to the replay, on account of being a naughty chap!
Worst experience for me was the day Bellotti and Co (ck), decided to sell the Goldstone, but I rejoice in seeing him squirm, when the crowd were giving him hell singing we'very got no home........

Any song that gets the crowd singing in unison is brilliant, especially at the Amex. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here