Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Daily Mail [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Stockdale "is expected to sign a contract extension"

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent.

After the Bruno signing weeks before it was announced, I'm waiting for the April New Contracts document on the FA site to be published in early May to see of it's already happened.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He's already had a contract offer, so it's not a reward as stated by that article. He is the one who isn't signing it due to it not being long enough.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If it's true he's only been offered 1 year, then I'm not surprised he's not happy with that... give him 2 years FFS... he's definitely earned it, has Prem experience, and will cut it at that level IMHO...

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
He's already had a contract offer, so it's not a reward as stated by that article. He is the one who isn't signing it due to it not being long enough.
He said last week that he hadn't been offered a contract yet so unless that's happened in the last 7 days it's untrue (From the horses mouth before anyone says "sauce?")

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He said last week that he hadn't been offered a contract yet so unless that's happened in the last 7 days it's untrue (From the horses mouth before anyone says "sauce?")

In which case there are several people on Nsc who professed to be 'in the know', aren't. Several said that he hadn't signed it because it only offered one year and he wanted two.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

Not disagreeing about what was said, but it is easier for him to say he doesn't have a contract to sign, rather than I have one but want more money/longer contract.

We should be offering at least 2 years, if not 3. He is a top championship goalkeeper and that has added value, also he has some premier league experience. Now we are up, hopefully we can offer a decent contract for him to sign. If he doesn't cut it in the premier league we can sell him. I think he will be fine.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wonder whether at least one new contract announcement will be made on 14th May...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Why are we dicking around with this?

We need a decent keeper and he is very much that. You only have to look at the chop and change amongst the prem clubs with their keepers (excluding the very best ones (De Gea, Lloris etc) to know how difficult it is to get a genuine first choice.....

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In which case there are several people on Nsc who professed to be 'in the know', aren't. Several said that he hadn't signed it because it only offered one year and he wanted two.

Not TSB, that can't be true. He knows everything, even before Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. He is so ITK that he knows what deals are going to be offered even before the club has decided.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I can't comment on whether that is true, or not. What I can say though, is that for many years now, it seems to be the club's policy, not to talk to players about any potential new contracts, until the season is over.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why are we dicking around with this?

We need a decent keeper and he is very much that. You only have to look at the chop and change amongst the prem clubs with their keepers (excluding the very best ones (De Gea, Lloris etc) to know how difficult it is to get a genuine first choice.....

Don't worry, Wayne Hennesey is available on a free.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not TSB, that can't be true. He knows everything, even before Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. He is so ITK that he knows what deals are going to be offered even before the club has decided.

I did think about naming them, but decided not to.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I heard he uses the stars to determine who we'll be signing before the players in question are even born, his powers are kept strong by the ritual pointless bumping of threads a year after they were made.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

That may be true. In a way. It's certainly poetic license though.

Or not. The key is his 'one year option'.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here