Noooooooooo!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Not the soprano- please!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Why not a decent choir with "we're on our way"? There was something posted on here a week or 2 ago about the possibility of Brighton Gay Men's Chorus performing.
Or the old Seagulls Ska, Sussex by the Sea!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
She's brought tears to my eyes on a couple of occasions so quite happy if it is her although maybe this being a momentous enjoyable event something a little more celebratory is needed.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Acceptable: Prior to the players taking to the field, Donna-Marie will also sing Abide With Me in memory of those Albion players and fans who've passed away during the 2016/17 season -
including ex-skipper Paul McCarthy and Albion stalwart Paul Whelch.

Unacceptable: The operatic soprano - and Amex fans' favourite - will be welcoming the teams to the field with a live rendition of Sussex by the Sea before the 5.30pm kick-off.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think she's great. May I request she does Rivers of Babylon, to remind us of the last time something like this happened?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I like her. A bit of class on what will hopefully be a fabulous occasion.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
So, it looks like it's all been organised for great celebrations and opera singers to turn up for when we win the title on Saturday.
I just hope that Bristol City have read the script.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I agree with the OP. I f***ing hate operatic singing, it's utterly joyless and soulless. A big disappointment.

'Fans favourite'? If they tell us this is true, then it must be so.

The Gay Men's Choir would have been SO much better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Acceptable: Prior to the players taking to the field, Donna-Marie will also sing Abide With Me in memory of those Albion players and fans who've passed away during the 2016/17 season -
including ex-skipper Paul McCarthy and Albion stalwart Paul Whelch.

Unacceptable: The operatic soprano - and Amex fans' favourite - will be welcoming the teams to the field with a live rendition of Sussex by the Sea before the 5.30pm kick-off.

It would seem that your wish has not come true:-

[tweet]857004196201209856[/tweet]

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well I am bloody delighted to hear that Donna Marie will be leading the players on with her beautiful voice.

How anyone can moan about what Saturday will bring us is beyond belief for me.

Get all the negative thoughts out of your head and embrace the moment for crying out loud.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here