Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big can we become?

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
It's always good to look ahead, but at the same time not get too far ahead of ourselves... Obviously the immediate challenge will be to stay in the premier league for the first couple of seasons, which is no easy task, but I wonder what the 5 or 10 year plan is at the club?

It would be good to emulate the likes of Southampton and who knows in the future we may have some European trips to look forward to, that would be unbelievable considering what we have come through as a club! I am just going to enjoy next season what ever happens, even if we drop back down I'll enjoy the ride. But always good to hope and have another challenge, seeing Brighton in Europe would be crazy and I hate to admit I would certainly procure a half and half scarf! :eek:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would say it's all about money now so there is no limit - we could become the biggest football club in the world, but so could Uckfield Town :shrug: Fans barely come into it now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
this-big.jpg

Good Geoff Shreeves question.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Top 10 - 6 regularly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well seeing as how Southampton have played Inter Milan and Sparta Prague in the Europa League past in the past six months, there's a medium term South Coast European target to aim for. Moving slightly further afield, there's always Leicester.

None of it's pie in the sky. Lest we forget, it's not THAT many years ago we were playing both those clubs at Withdean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bigger than Palace, Watford, or Bournemouth
As big as Stoke, Southampton, West Brom, West Ham, or Leicester
Not as big as Arsenal, Spurs, United, City, Chelsea, Everton or Newcastle

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
<---------------------------------------------------->. This big!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Well seeing as how Southampton have played Inter Milan and Sparta Prague in the Europa League past in the past six months, there's a medium term South Coast European target to aim for. Moving slightly further afield, there's always Leicester.

None of it's pie in the sky. Lest we forget, it's not THAT many years ago we were playing both those clubs at Withdean.

I can't remember playing Inter Milan and Sparta Prague at Withdean :p

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mid Table mediocrity with the odd flirt of Europe, I think thats all bar the Top 7 can ever really aspire too, you get the off freaky season like last year but that has to be the aim

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By the club not talking about it, but improving our squad, keep playing attractive football with pace, and reap the rewards of the academy.

If that leads to PL status for several seasons, the fanbase and exposure will grow, in an affluent part of the country. Making it a virtuous circle.

The owners that mouthed about the future, always end up looking like turkeys (Sullivan and Gold come to mind).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The 36 hour coach journey for a Europa League match against CSKA Moscow will be fun.

While we could become as big as Real Madrid the short term aim must be to stay in the Premier League and look to become an established team which is not pulled into relegation issues. Then a top 10 side with the odd season in the Europa League via league position or a cup win,

This will be achieved b taking small steps each season rather than throwing money at the dream and turning it into a nightmare.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Finish 19th next season followed by 5 years flirting with the playoffs back in the Championship

Just thought I'd put a pessimistic slant on it :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here