Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocky, the new Hazard?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if already fixtures.
Jamie Redknapp reporting in the Daily Shaggy, that he cannot wait to see Knocky in the PL, hailing him as the EH of the Championship.
IMO Knocky is Knocky, and EH is EH.
There may be some comparisons, but I'm hoping that we'll keep Knocky as long as possible before the radar well and truly picks him up, scoring great goals.

Quote: That’s the verdict of ex-Prem star Jamie Redknapp.

He’s thinks Seagulls star Anthony Knockaert is the second tier’s version of Hazard, and can’t wait to see him in action at the top level next term.

“Anthony Knockaert is the Eden Hazard of the Championship and I cannot wait to see him in the top flight,” Redknapp wrote in the Daily Mail.

“I love how he goes past defenders as if they are not there.

“The winger has all the attributes to thrive in the top flight.

“He has been a powerhouse for Brighton, scoring 15 times and assisting eight on their way to promotion.

Now they are up, Brighton have to keep hold of him!”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/608316/Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-Anthony-Knockaert-Brighton

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen a few "experts" suggesting Knockaert has previously proved he couldn't cut it at PL level.

Whilst I can't help feeling Jamie Redknapp is overhyping things a tad with these Hazard comments, he was only twenty when he signed for Leicester, and a mere 22 or so when they reached the Premier League. Writing off a player because of a few appearances at that age is ridiculous. Clearly he'll find life tougher at the top. But hopefully he can show his skills.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Crap comparison as they have markedly different playing styles. If Redknapp absolutely HAS to use a big name with which to describe him then I would say that Robben of the Championship is more apt.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He like the attention at brighton and CH knows how to manage him.

I get the impression that he's not Murray's best mate

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
I am unsure. I think he is an incredibly talented player but something that has frustrated me this year is that he tends to hold onto the ball a bit too long. He tries to do a little bit too much sometimes and I think he will get caught out more in the prem doing it. If he can consistently learn to do the right amount then he will be a fantastic prem player otherwise we may see him not quite cut it.

All in all he certainly has the ability and potential to cut it just needs to learn a bit more IMO

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whatever the comparisons these armchair pundits make, at the end of the day, Albion have him and long may that continue.
When Knockaert is playing 'fabulous football' for the Albion in the Championship and then the PL, I'm hoping this equates to attracting quality players, who look at him and the team, and might say "hey I want some of that".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well, Knocky and Glenn are two very different people, Knockhaert the extrovert party animal, Murray quite the opposite.

You could always look at these two in a Jungle Book comparison, with Murray being a tad like the Bagheera character and Knockaert like Mowgli :cool:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I am unsure. I think he is an incredibly talented player but something that has frustrated me this year is that he tends to hold onto the ball a bit too long. He tries to do a little bit too much sometimes and I think he will get caught out more in the prem doing it. If he can consistently learn to do the right amount then he will be a fantastic prem player otherwise we may see him not quite cut it.

All in all he certainly has the ability and potential to cut it just needs to learn a bit more IMO

I sometimes get frustrated that he passes it, when he is clearly the most talented guy in the team and I would often prefer to see him try and beat the last man and get a shot in. He could have 20+ if more selfish.

But sure, better decision-making is all that is missing - but even without that, if he keeps his supreme confidence in the premier league, then he has a shot at being great.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I get the impression that he's not Murray's best mate

yep. can't stand the sight of each other.

knockmurray.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But you must have seen his "i'll fool the keeper free kicks?"
hahaha you've just reminded me of the commentator v Norwich, as we were lining up a free kick.

"Lewis Dunk can also take free kicks".

Eerrmmm - no, no he can't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here