Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle: Oh what to wish for?

Do we want to see them falter tomorrow (and Friday) so we are confirmed as champions asap or do we want them to get at least 4 points out of their next two fixtures so we can actually win the league in style at our place on Saturday?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Do we want to see them falter tomorrow (and Friday) so we are confirmed as champions asap or do we want them to get at least 4 points out of their next two fixtures so we can actually win the league in style at our place on Saturday?

Falter.

Only because I still live in the (fading) hope they can be caught.

The opposition has really fallen away virtually giving Newcastle promotion.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They'll win. The Hudd defeat was big fillip to them yesterday, enabling them to celebrate in front of 52,000.

We'll lose at Villa. Bruce and his vastly expensive squad, with home advantage, will be determined to give a feel good factor ready for the push next season.

The Bristol City game is our crucial cup final, for the silverware.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
They deserve to go up. Along with us, they've been better than everyone else.

Ideal situation is for them to win tomorrow and draw on Friday. It would then mean we only need a point and we can play out a convenient, tickle-each-others-balls, back slapping draw with Bristol City and job done.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Won't be upset either way. I'm enjoying the privilege of feeing as such.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They'll win. The Hudd defeat was big fillip to them yesterday, enabling them to celebrate in front of 52,000.

We'll lose at Villa. Bruce and his vastly expensive squad, with home advantage, will be determined to give a feel good factor ready for the push next season.

The Bristol City game is our crucial cup final, for the silverware.

Fours days after Preston they travel to Cardiff. That won't be easy and i can see a draw here.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fours days after Preston they travel to Cardiff. That won't be easy and i can see a draw here.

Cardiff have lost impetus. I see NUFC shining through.

Not bothered. I don't mind NUFC and their fans, who with the Albion have dominated this league. It have been a farce if Wagner or the others would have pipped either of us.

The numbers of wins, goals scored, lack of goals conceded, consistency and sylish play on the deck.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

They will probably win their next three games, so one more win will do.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It would be nice to win the title on Saturday with a burst of magnificent glory by smashing Bristol City in a do or die game. However, it would also be nice to not have to worry about the possibility of us buggering it up and losing out. Also, if we already know before kick-off we are champions, then less likely to be a "spontaneous" pitch invasion which would spoil the trophy presentation. Oh, I don't know.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Another vote for faltering...hopefully we'll be fine against Brizzle but any additional assistance won't be turned down. I totally understand the desire for us to do it in style, in our own hands, but we've had more than our fair share of struggles/close calls/last gasp stuff, so would like it to be comfortable this time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Newcastle 11-1 for the title now. Which actually isn't bad value I think. If we slip up Saturday, I'd fancy them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here