Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I feel a moment should be taken from our celebrations ,and a thought given to Leyton Orient.....They had their Hereford moment today......and got relegated out of the league.We are very lucky to have had ,in the first instance Dick Knight,and now Tony Bloom.......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
hmmm 4-4......but then again

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yeah, so much for Barry Hearn who didn't see the job through like DK. I have a bit of a soft spot for the older traditional clubs like
Orient. Second oldest London club. My youngest was an Albion mascot there over 20 years ago. Sad day for football, hopefully they'll do a Lincoln and get back some day.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
And your surprised by this ?

Not surprised....regardless of the fact that the owners are mismanaging the club....I think they've had 10 managers in the last couple of years, the fact that staff are not being paid & now could lose their jobs on the basis of today's results, makes it more critical for intervention.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One of my favourite games - in the case of their owners the lack of intervention from the FA is concerning.

They nearly did not do anything with us until some sharp (supporters) eyes spotted an Articles of Association change..

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Very sad, cannot understand how these people get away with it. We were lucky we had people determined to fight for our existence.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Yeah, so much for Barry Hearn who didn't see the job through like DK. I have a bit of a soft spot for the older traditional clubs like
Orient. Second oldest London club. My youngest was an Albion mascot there over 20 years ago. Sad day for football, hopefully they'll do a Lincoln and get back some day.

why did Hearn quit ? ,
did his ownership need some of his funding ?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Barry Hearn i believe only sold the Club and not the freehold ?

Yes I believe this is true, with I believe a secure tenancy agreement for quite a number of years, for the extended life of the football club, a cynic may say cut it loose to wither and die then to continue the redevelopment of the very valuable real estate! but that could not possibly be true could it?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
one minute vying to call the new wembley stadium home ....dumped out of the league the next.....the words shafted and improbable immediately spring to mind.....hope they can re group and get back up soon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Listening to the Vanarama scores today I was struck by how many former League clubs there are in that division. I feel for their fans and hope things get better for their club very soon.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Listening to the Vanarama scores today I was struck by how many former League clubs there are in that division. I feel for their fans and hope things get better for their club very soon.

Spare a thought for (reformed clubs) Halifax,a traditional league club over many years and the recent league new boys Rushden & Diamonds,both who are even lower these days.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Spare a thought for (reformed clubs) Halifax,a traditional league club over many years and the recent league new boys Rushden & Diamonds,both who are even lower these days.

Good to highlight Halifax. They are the play offs away from being in the Conference and have pulled in btw 1.5k and 3k for 6th tier home matches. Good luck on the journey back. A few other ex league teams with them, Stockport, Kidderminster, Darlington, Boston

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good to highlight Halifax. They are the play offs away from being in the Conference and have pulled in btw 1.5k and 3k for 6th tier home matches. Good luck on the journey back. A few other ex league teams with them, Stockport, Kidderminster, Darlington, Boston

My Aunt (now passed away) lived in Halifax and i have a soft spot for them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here