Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain 2027

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's Britain, the date is 20/04/2027 exactly ten years from now.

What state is Britain in? How are BHA getting on? Who is in government? Who are we friendly with across the globe? Has North Korea reduced us to dust? What are your hopes and dreams for the next decade?

Astonish me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ENREST is still defending Corbyn and saying he will win the next election!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

What state is Britain in? How are BHA getting on? Who is in government? Who are we friendly with across the globe? Has North Korea reduced us to dust? What are your hopes and dreams for the next decade?

Astonish me.

I hope the country has improved enough to entice you back from your self imposed overseas exile[emoji106]

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I hope the country has improved enough to entice you back from your self imposed overseas exile[emoji106]

I will certainly retire to Cornwall but I doubt I'll be back within ten years.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Michael Mcintyre is struck down with mne but soldiers on...he is wheelchair bound , vocally wired up and slowly wasting away......and is still an irritating ****....

Buckingham palace has been turned into a mosque.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
On the negative. I see a brain drain as our top scientists, doctors and researchers leave for countries that still value, still fund and still pay them properly. That will leave British citizens at the mercy of a Tory elite who will have designed the poor out of British society. Obviously only those that haven't been used as cannon fodder in WWIII seven years previously will be affected.
Ireland is united and separated from what was the UK. Scotland has been absorbed into Greenland.
Endless enquiries into corruption and mishandling from all parties during our painful divorce from the EU are ongoing and no closer to getting resolved.
We have a huge Industrial Prison Complex adopted from our partners in the US. Run disastrously but hugely profitably by G4.
Fox hunting is back.
Most public gardens and parks have been sold off to developers.

On the positive I might have paid off my mortgage.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Labour will slowly be returning from the political wilderness after a disastrous 2017 GE under Corbyn. Their annihilation as a political entity is seen by many as a necessary evil, as the fractured left unite under the Lib Dems.

Rents now equate to roughly 50% of peoples overall income creating a rich/poor divide not seen since Victoria's reign. The housing crisis is addressed with many 'garden cities' being built on Britain's greenbelt.

A population of 9 billion and a lack of investment globally in jobs and education mean the gap between the BRIC nations and the G7 is reduced.

The death penalty ends worldwide.

Putin dies and a power struggle erupts in Russia.

Stem cell therapy is a thing of the past, and HIV and many cancers are successfully treated using the technology.

The first mainstream, and critically successful film starring a long since deceased actor is released. A digital recreation of Humphrey Bogart stars alongside a present day Hollywood superstar to much acclaim.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Astonish me.

BHA are 7-10th in PL having been relegated and re-promoted once and having got to one cup semi and one final (which we, errr, I dunno, maybe won?)

Trump, having served 2 terms as US President, has taken UK citizenship and is now Home Secretary finalising plans for blowing up the Channel Tunnel and banning ferries.

There's been a war with N Korea, which was won fairly comfortably, without nuclear weapons being used, though, politically, the country is a mess.

King Charles (or whatever name he has chosen to take on ascending the throne) is opining on architecture ("...the new buildings at Heathrow are a carbunkle...")

The Labour party, having been ripped asunder through internal wranglings between Momentum and the PLP has ~60 seats in Parliament... the third largest party behind the new incarnation of the SDP, formed by departing members of Labour, LD, and one-nation Tories.

Only one of those probably won't happen, imo...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fish will be totally banned on fridays just in case it is misconstrued as a pro christianity icon , politicians will no longer appear in public but will be projected as a hologram for public appearances.....a huge drug problem will be propogated to hook the weak ( mostly dumb white & afro carribean kids).....sharia law in large cities maybe including London.......i know you like a debate mate , i reckon it's time for Brits to wake the **** up or prepare to be rimmed from all directions.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
fish will be totally banned on fridays just in case it is misconstrued as a pro christianity icon , politicians will no longer appear in public but will be projected as a hologram for public appearances.....a huge drug problem will be propogated to hook the weak ( mostly dumb white & afro carribean kids).....sharia law in large cities maybe including London.......i know you like a debate mate , i reckon it's time for Brits to wake the **** up or prepare to be rimmed from all directions.

I was under the impression being rimmed was pleasurable for the receiver. I think the one doing the rimming has got the bad end of the deal, so to speak. But don't ask me, I've never had sex let alone seen a lady's botty hole.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Hopefully, by 2027, those who have (apparently) chosen to live abroad will be unable to post such drivel, especially when they include 7 lines of negative comments, and only a single positive comment - which is entirely self-centered.

Hopefully, also by 2027, those who have stayed and fought will also be seeing a continuation of the positives that have made this such a great nation over many, many centuries.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hopefully, by 2027, those who have (apparently) chosen to live abroad will be unable to post such drivel, especially when they include 7 lines of negative comments, and only a single positive comment - which is entirely self-centered.

Hopefully, also by 2027, those who have stayed and fought will also be seeing a continuation of the positives that have made this such a great nation over many, many centuries.

This was really supposed to be a bit of a semi-lighthearted, bit of a jokey thread.

Anyway, I don't have a mortgage. I paid all that off years ago. Not that it makes any difference, we'll all be living in 3D printed , VR, radiation proofed, organ pods designed by Steve Jobs in 1973 and left to us in his will that we have to upgrade every 72 hours. Thanks Steve.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here