Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Engineering works north and east of Lewes for the Bristol City game

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was just looking at Southern's website in anticipation of the victory parade next month and noticed this - http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-your-journey/improvement-works/

There's engineering works planned and rail replacement busses next weekend between:

Haywards Heath and Lewes
Polegate and Lewes
Seaford and Lewes

It's not in the national rail planner yet, but is there any hope of the works being delayed or altered?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The coupe de gras from SASTA for a woeful woeful season.

Come on Seagulls Travel it's about time you went to see your small business manager @'insertnameofgenerichighstbank' to discuss terms for a loan for you to run the match day services! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I was just looking at Southern's website in anticipation of the victory parade next month and noticed this - http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-your-journey/improvement-works/

There's engineering works planned and rail replacement busses next weekend between:

Haywards Heath and Lewes
Polegate and Lewes
Seaford and Lewes

It's not in the national rail planner yet, but is there any hope of the works being delayed or altered?

I thought it was just Sunday and Monday, but seems it is Saturday too .... f-ing shambles, how out of touch!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh FFS I thought there was going to be ONE game where I could have a leisurely journey with no effort getting back etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odd that this doesnt show on the National Rail journey planner. i wonder (hope) if its cancelled and Southern haven't updated their page.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh FOR ****S SAKE, UTTER UTTER *****

It was so good on Monday walking out of the stadium at ten to eight and jumping on a train that took me all the way home to Bexhill. I didn't have to drive and could enjoy a pre and post match pint or 4. Now the celebrations which will follow the Bristol game are really ****ed up as there is no real choice but to drive. We use seagulls travel for evening matches now which I could do from Bexhill but that would mean having no choice of when to leave.

Last edited:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Oh FOR ****S SAKE, UTTER UTTER *****

It was so good on Monday walking out of the stadium at ten to eight and jumping on a train that took me all the way home to Bexhill. I didn't have to drive and could enjoy a pre and post match pint or 4. Now the celebrations which will follow the Bristol game are really ****ed up as there is no real choice but to drive. We use seagulls travel for evening matches now which I could do from Bexhill but that would mean having no choice of when to leave.

When I used Seagull Travel they always allowed delayed departures on the last home game so everyone could see the players do lap of honour.
Not sure if EFL will allow us to be presented with trophy if we have already or do win it that night which might mean on the pitch again.
Might be worth contacting Seagull Travel.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I used Seagull Travel they always allowed delayed departures on the last home game so everyone could see the players do lap of honour.
Not sure if EFL will allow us to be presented with trophy if we have already or do win it that night which might mean on the pitch again.
Might be worth contacting Seagull Travel.

Its the only time we will get the trophy if we win it tomorrow or that day. Seagulls travel from Bexhill could risk missing kick off unless they factor the massive delays thanks to long term roadworks on the main road between Bexhill & Eastbourne which is another concern.

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Been put back a day?? Effing well hope so...

rail.jpg

rail2.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
At least I can carry on with my plan of finish work Sat AM, hop on the train to Lewes, have some food and drink; head to the amex, have some more drink, watch us lift the trophy, have some more drink; head back in the Lewes/Eastbourne/Hastings direction, have some more drink. Stagger home, fall asleep. Sunday Bank Holiday, head to Hastings Old Town, have some more drink and carry on celebrating :thumbsup::drink:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So just want to check, it looks like if I travel from Three Bridges to Falmer, there won't be any replacement buses, correct? It looks like on the website it's all been moved to Sunday but I just want to be doubly sure before trying to a ticket at 2pm!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So just want to check, it looks like if I travel from Three Bridges to Falmer, there won't be any replacement buses, correct? It looks like on the website it's all been moved to Sunday but I just want to be doubly sure before trying to a ticket at 2pm!

That appears to be the case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here