Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem away allocations..

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I suspect that the system will feel more broken this season than it has before.

I'm usually in the top bracket for away games, sometimes the second, but I feel it's wrong that I get additional points for buying tickets to a game, when I can only get a ticket due to the points I already have.

It's not just unfair on those who don't get a ticket; it also works as a barrier for those who want to try out going to an away game.

(Sorry if I'm changing the subject here - mods feel free to delete/move this post).

There will be nothing stopping fans trying out away games next year, it's just that they might have to settle for Swansea rather than Chelsea to start with. The current system is as good as it can be.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yes all correct its an accumulation from ST for each season at Amex bonus in 1st season as Withdean ST holder attending every home cup game each season and going to at least half the away games each season which means that the starting total each season has increased

In that case, I bow at our feet sir/madam. Well done, keep going. I'm a mere long distance season ticket holder, 265 mile round trip for a home game, and get to about 9 away games per season.

You, you must be just about the highest loyalty points total possible. Medal to you.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
This article was published for the Boro fans at the end of last season when the clinched promotion estimating what away allocations they would get in the Premier League. It looks like a pretty good indication to what we will expect.

Bournemouth - Vitality Stadium
Capacity - 11,464
Expected allocation - 1,146

Blimey I hadn't realised quite how tinpot Bournemouth were. They might call it Vitality, but the reality is a bit more flaccid!!???

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are there many PL clubs that give bigger allocations than 3000 if their home support is not selling out? I know the top clubs sell out every game but I am not sure all the others do.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
NSC is the great melting pot for a ticket binfest.

Most clubs next year will offer a higher allocation than what most clubs offered this year.

Clearly demand will outstrip supply for the big 6 and a few others but in reality this year, those who have been to a few away games, if organised have been able to get tickets.

I might be wrong, but the only game that has sold out early in the second priority window was Villa, and this potnetially had a load riding on it and was 2700 tickets.

Not disagreeing that we would, if we could take up to 10k to the likes of Stamford Bridge or The Emirates so clearly some will miss out, but I wager those who attended a few away games this season and are season tickets will not have too many issues securing a ticket for the big ones next term.
ERM no. Read my first post.

Top 7 clubs and west ham only offer 3000 seats.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well I was told at the AMEX by staff in the ticket office that there was?

I think they were probably talking about the "Platinum" membership - home and away for all first team games... it's possible that a staff member called that an "away ST"?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Do you get loyalty points for buying your kid a Young Seagulls membership or are the points awarded to the kid's membership?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A lot will depend on when these "big" away days are as well. If we have United away in April 18 then there is going to be a lot more people with the relevant points they need compared to if it is August 17.

The required points will go up as the season develops. Man U away in April will require more points than Man U away in August.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Surely that means Villa is the perfect comparison to make?

Next season, with the exception of Bournemouth the allocation is going to be between 2,500 and 3,000 tickets for every match. For the big and/or local clubs demand will be incredibly high, just as it was for Villa this season when the number of tickets was similar (2,700).

Therefore, if you were able to get a Villa ticket, you should be able to easily get a ticket for any away match next season (apart from Bournemouth). If you just missed out on Villa you will still have a chance but you probably need to start going to places like Burnley, Hull and West Brom to build your points up. And if you weren't anywhere near being able to get a Villa ticket, you will only be able to go the least attractive matches next season.

That sounds about right.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yes all correct its an accumulation from ST for each season at Amex bonus in 1st season as Withdean ST holder attending every home cup game each season and going to at least half the away games each season which means that the starting total each season has increased

I'm still struggling to comprehend the calculation here. I believe you, I just can't get my head round the maths.

If you started in August 2011 with say 1160 points, as a loyal Withdean STH etc, and you added to that in the first Amex season 30 points (for 2 home cup games) and another 130 points (for 13 away games), that's a total of 160 points, added to your starting figure of 1160 makes a grand season ending total of 1320 points. Halve the excess over 1000 points, and you start the next season with 1160 again. Which is a great total to start a season with, don't get me wrong. But then if you do the same again, 2 home cup games and 13 away games, you still finish each season with 1320, and starting each new season with 1160. How on earth do you get to the point where you are ending the season with 1470 points?! Somewhere you must have either gone to every game home and away, or actually be a Platinum STH.

I'm still struggling to comprehend the calculation here. I believe you, I just can't get my head round the maths.

If you started in August 2011 with say 1160 points, as a loyal Withdean STH etc, and you added to that in the first Amex season 30 points (for 2 home cup games) and another 130 points (for 13 away games), that's a total of 160 points, added to your starting figure of 1160 makes a grand season ending total of 1320 points. Halve the excess over 1000 points, and you start the next season with 1160 again. Which is a great total to start a season with, don't get me wrong. But then if you do the same again, 2 home cup games and 13 away games, you still finish each season with 1320, and starting each new season with 1160. How on earth do you get to the point where you are ending the season with 1470 points?! Somewhere you must have either gone to every game home and away, or actually be a Platinum STH.

You are confusing what you end the season with and what you start the next season with.

Start with 1160 (1000 + half of 320 carried over) and add 40 (2 home cup games) and 130 (13 away games) and you end the season on 1330.

You will start the next season 1165. IF we were to draw say Arsenal in the first away game of the season then I would wager that the loyalty point freshholds would be much lower than those for Villa as us fans would not have had a season's worth of earning points.

If it was the last game of the season then the loyalty points would be closer to those for the Villa game this time around

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll start on 1076 if my sums are correct. 1142 at the moment + 10 for Villa / 2 + 1000.

Lord knows how I've ended up with a 2 though, thought all the points were 10 or 20. Ah well. 1076 should be fine. Cups and away games to the non-"glamorous" teams will leave me quite comfortable I would say but honestly I'll be getting to any and every game I can next year.

My dad, the last time we were in the top flight, went to every single game (home, away and cups) and I'd love to follow in his footsteps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here