Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm suddenly popular at work because ......

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
....my Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and West Ham supporting colleagues (I work in London) are all suddenly desperate for an away day at the Amex next season. However it is with a heavy heart that I have had to tell them that I cannot help :amex:

You could always take them on an Amex stadium tour, to show them what a club actually looks like, when it is owned by a fan :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not sure what my popularity rating in the office is going to be next month. I start a new job in Croydon :eek:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've already had an old friend from lewes ask me for a United ticket, he's never even been to Manchester!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure what my popularity rating in the office is going to be next month. I start a new job in Croydon :eek:

I worked in Croydon for 15 months and didn't meet a single Palace fan in the office

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Friend: Brighton are getting promoted then?
Me: No shit.
Friend: Getting relegated next season though!!!
Me: No reaponse
...4 hours pass
Friend: Any spare tickets next year?

Still haven't reponded CBA :lolol: he is an Arsenal fan for no reason in particular.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I was working in Croydon last week, they are mostly quite happy we are going up, conversations along the lines of 'no point having a rival if you never get to play them'

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I've already had an old friend from lewes ask me for a United ticket, he's never even been to Manchester!

Does he satisfy either or both of the below criteria? -

a) he was born in Manchester

b) one of his parents is from Manchester and therefore the team is in his blood.

If yes, then fair play try and get him a ticket in the away end. Which you can't do anyway.

If neither of these apply, then he has clearly chosen a team through a square chunk of plastic filled of copper wires. No heart, soul or personal representation in this choice and therefore the individual must be declared a Glory hunting wa*nker and told to do one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does he satisfy either or both of the below criteria? -

a) he was born in Manchester

b) one of his parents is from Manchester and therefore the team is in his blood.

If yes, then fair play try and get him a ticket in the away end. Which you can't do anyway.

If neither of these apply, then he has clearly chosen a team through a square chunk of plastic filled of copper wires. No heart, soul or personal representation in this choice and therefore the individual must be declared a Glory hunting wa*nker and told to do one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're 3rd choice is the one I opted for.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Most of these supposed fans have never seen the team they support live, jokers

I know, plastic fans, they get their kids the latest ManUre replica shirt with 'Mooney' on the back and that makes them a 'real' fan because they have the T shirt. Tw@ts.

Saying that, been seeing a lot more kids around wearing BHA shirts over the past couple of years. Thats great to see.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
"How was your weekend" they ask
"Amazing" I say, " I started the weekend supporting a championship team and ended it supporting a premier league one"
"Oh yeah" they say, "I was thinking about getting a season ticket for the next season"
:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here